Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Pale's POV

"Father," I said approaching my dad on his throne.

I don't know why I don't call my dad 'dad.' I guess maybe I'm a princess and on all of those human princess shows they call there dad father.

"Yes Pale?" He asked.

"I've chosen who I would like to marry," I said. "I choose a human. And Pearl and I have already worked out how we will get my man and stuff."

"Very well," my dad said. "Where is Pearl?"

"Up in my room," I said.

~~~~

I opened the door and swam through.

"So what did he say?" Pearl asked.

"He said it's fine," I said. "So when should we-"

I heard a buzzing noise. I turned around, I saw a shell vibrating.

I let our a scream.

"Is-is there a crab in there or something?" I asked shaking in my scales.

"No," Pearl said picking up the shell. "It's a shell phone. It's what merpeople use to communicate. And sometimes mermaids and humans."

So that's why my mom has large conch shells in her room.

Pearl put the shell to her ear.

She handed it to me. "It's for you," she said.

I took the shell and put it to my ear.

"Hi," I heard someone say.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"Pale, it's your mother," my mom said.

"Oh hi mom. What's up? Why are you calling me?" I asked.

"Remember how David and I got married?" She said.

"Yeah," I answered.

"I think it's time I told him about my kids. I bringing him to the dock in 20 minutes, it will be 9:00 human time and I want you and Matthew to meet David."

My mouth hung wide open.

"Mom, this is a big step. Are you sure your ready to show your NEW human husband your two unhuman kids?"

"Yes," my mom said confidently.

"Okay bye mom, see you soon," I said.

"Love you honey," my mom said and she hung up.

And then I hung up.

"What did your mom want?" Pearl asked.

"She just wants David, her husband to know about Matthew and I," I said.

"That's a big step," Pearl said. "Anyway, before we were interrupted by the phone, what were you saying earlier?"

"Oh yeah," I said. "I was just asking, when can we go and get me a husband?"

Pearl thought for a moment. "Maybe some time in the late afternoon. A lot of boats are out on the water then."

"Hey I have to go to the dock. See you tomorrow?" I said.

"Yeah," Pearl said as she swam out the balcony.

I swam to Matthews room and banged on the door. He opened it and I explained to him why were going to the dock and stuff.

"God," he said. "That's a big step."

"I know right," I said.

He grabbed his trident and we swam out of the castle, out of the city and out of the whole kingdom, just swimming side-by-side slowly.