Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Pale's POV

I sighed. "Well, I guess you have to go to bed," I said sadly.

"I don't have to," Brian said.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I'm confused."

"My dad won't get home until a while. He won't stop fishing until he finds another mermaid...which he won't right?"

I nodded.

"And besides," he said. "You still have to explain that whole husband thing."

My heart sunk. He really remembered that part.

"Okay, I'm turning sixteen in five weeks, when I turn sixteen I become queen of the ocean. In order to become queen of the ocean I need to marry someone. Honestly, marrying a merman, I don't like the idea of that. So I decided why don't I find a human. So Pearl and I decided to save someone from drowning and then pull some crazy ariel storyline stunt and I just think it's awkward like you know, getting married at sixteen, so I would classify it as seriously dating."

Brian frowned. "So if I do like you, will I have to turn into a merman or something?"

I shook my head. "No. You just live in land and I live in the sea, it's kind of like...we are divorced or something."

I stopped myself.

"If you wanted to get married."

Brian placed his hand on my cheek and tilted my face to him.

"Well maybe I do like you and do want to seriously date you, but not right now in an RV okay?" He said smiling.

He leaned in and I kissed him. It was short, just a peck, but it still meant something.

"Your really pretty Pale," Brian said.

"Your nice to me," I said back.

I turned to him. "Listen, I'm sorry but I'm going to be a mean girlfriend right now okay? I need you to get me out of this truck. I have a life in the sea with tons of people depending on me."

Brian looked stunned.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"No, it's fine," Brian said. "It's just, I don't know, the time isn't right yet."

I frowned. "Well then will be the time?"

"I don't know yet, but soon," he said.

I knew what time meant, he was going to kill me.