Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Pearls POV

"What is Pale doing?" I said to myself. I couldn't see her anywhere.

I gasped. What if she got captured by Pete, and I just abandoned her.

I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around and let out a high pitched scream.

"Pale! Don't scare me like that!" I yelled punching her in the arm.

"Ow," Pale said rubbing it.

"What happened back there?" I asked. "You took so long I started getting worried."

So Pale explained everything to me. How she was going to jump in the water but then Pete came and she had to stop him.

"Well Pale, we need to get back. The merpeople need you and I know they are getting impatient," I said.

"Ok," Pale agreed and we ducked under the water.

We swam side by side.

"What's the kingdom going to be like when we get home?" Pale asked.

I thought for a moment. "I don't know. I don't think it would have changed."

"Well I'll trust your judgement, you have been living there longer than me," she said.

"That is true," I said.

I looked below me and saw coral and fish swimming in schools. I swam deeper and swam below the school.

"I'm so happy I'm back," I said laughing.

"Yeah," Pale said.

She kicked her tail and swam down next to me. She ran her hand along the coral.

"I'm just a little sad, I left Brian," Pale said.

"Well it's okay," I said. "You can always meet Brian on the dock or something."

"Yeah I guess so," she said.

We approached the edge kingdom.

"Are you ready for this?" Pale asked.

I swallowed. A lump formed in my throat like I just dry swallowed a pill.

"No."