Chapter 12

Chapter 12
Pearl's POV (again :)

"How can you love me? I'm a fish," Pale said pushing away what he said about her.
"I don't care about that," the boy said.
"You don't care about who I'm am?" Pale asked.
"Not at all," the boy said.
My heart fluttered he does love Pale!
"You obviously don't love me for who I am. Your under the siren effect, your just in love with me because your under a temporary spell," Pale said.
"Well Pale, did my dad seem to be under this siren effect?" he asked.
"No," Pale said.
"Then what makes you think I am under the spell?" He asked.
Some men are immune to the siren song and the siren effect. It usually runs in families. And if the boy and Pete are related by blood, then the boy must love Pale as a mermaid.
"I'm Brian. I'm 16," he said.
"I'm Pale, I'm turning 16 in six weeks. When I turn sixteen I'm going to become queen of the sea," Pale said.
She obviously was in love with him. She wouldn't be telling him any of this stuff if she wasn't in love with him.
"Ow," Pale said putting her hand over her gill.
"I hope my dad didn't damage it to much," Brian said.
"I think he broke it. But it won't matter, it's not like I'm getting out of this place or anything," Pale said.
"Well here I'll help you more," he said as he dabbed the washcloth on her gill.
Pale placed her hand on Brian's arm.
"Brian, my gill isn't just what is hurting, it's also my tail-"
Brian looked down at her tail.
"Oh god Pale," he said.
"Do you mind getting me a bucket of water for me and my friend Pearl over there?" She said and Pale pointed to me.
I waved a bit and smiled politely.
"Yeah sure," Brain said as he scrambled to his feet and ran out the door.
"Pearl your right," Pale said. "I do like him. He nice and sweet."
I couldn't help smiling. "Looks like you have yourself a husband!" I yelled.
Pale shrugged. "I don't know, I'll have to wait and see. I want to make sure I got the right guy. After all, he could just be playing me, his dad is the one who almost killed me."
"Yeah I guess so," I said.
The door opened shortly and Brian carried in two metal buckets full of water. He placed the buckets in front of Pale and I and we sunk our tails in it.
Brian walked to the center if the room and sat down, with his legs crossed.
"Brian," Pale began. "Where are we?"
"Your in an RV," Brian said.
I furrowed my eyebrows. "What's an RV?" I asked.
"It's like a home with wheels," Pale replied.
Brain furrowed his eyebrows. "How do you know that?"
"I was human before I was a mermaid. I've been a mermaid for only two years. My mom was human and my dad was well...a merman and so I spent 14 years with my mom on land and well the rest of the time underwater," Pale said.
"That explains a lot," Brian said.
"Listen," Brian said. "I'm sorry for what my dad does. But whatever he does I'll try and fix it, I promise."
"Thanks," I said.
I looks down at my tail, the cracks slowly healed.