Saying Goodbye

Authors Note

This fan art is part of a little series and is meant for the 4th of May but I absolutely fell in love with it and felt it suited this chapter. This chapter is shorter by 500 words.. oh well, I should have more coming maybe this weekend, until then enjoy!

*credits to artist*

*Reys Pov*

"Here's some clothes." I handed Ben beige coloured robes after dressing.

"Thanks." An awkward aura swam around the room and deepened around Ben and I. I knew he didn't want to be here but he didn't want to be back with the first order either.

A knock came from the big lavish doors and I hurried over in a attempt the get rid of the silence.

"Poe." He frowned ever so slightly when I noticed his eyes were on a shirtless Ben behind me.

"Lets talk out here." I pulled him out of the door way and over to a small garden that was outside of our room.

"What's he doing in the same room as you?" Poe began questioning me with a jealous tone.

"Ben and I are together, Poe." He frowned once again.

"Him. Rey are you crazy?" He loudly whispered leaning over to my face.

"Poe, what's wrong. He left the first order, he left it all for me."

"What if this is just some plan of his!" I quickly turned my head away from the heated argument to Ben standing just outside of the door way rocking on his feet awkwardy.

"Are you done accusing me of such actions?" I nearly blushed at his choice in words.

"No!" I was pulled out of the loving feeling when Poe began yelling.

"You don't deserve to be here!"

"Poe stop it!" I pushed him back as he tried to advance towards ben.

"Chose your next words carefully." Ben squared his shoulders and intimidatingly stared Poe down, his fist clenched.

"Guys, Stop it!" Finn, Rose and BB-8 rushed down the pathway.

"What's the matter!" Poe spat at them, his anger rising with every fleeting moment.

"It's the general, she's fallen ill." I looked over at Ben and his worried aura.

"Where is she?" Ben asked quickly and Poe looked at him disgusted.

"Follow me." We all raced to her room and I grabbed onto Bens hand trying to comfort him.

"It's going to be ok." I whispered to him as we slowly walked over to her bed.

"Ben...." Leia whispered, her lips ever so slightly parted. I watched as he gently held her hand.

"It's going to be ok mother, I promise."

"No. this is my time son, I'm sorry I didn't try harder to save you, I love you Ben, I always have and I always will." A tear fell to the ground when she took her last breath. A sudden empty feeling consumed me as I looked over to Ben who also had tears in his eyes.

We stood there for a few seconds before a rush of worried doctors flooded the room and we were eventually pushed out.

✧ ✧ ✧

"I'm sorry." I didn't know what to say. I have suffered lose, but I never got to see my parents on their death bed.

"I don't want to be here, Rey, I want to leave."