Chapter 18: Sick

Kaitlyn's POV

.
.
.
.
.
Cough, Cough!
.
.
.
.
.
.

'God, this sucks' I thought to myself

Right now, I am currently laying down in bed going through hell.

Yup... I got sick.

But it's not any ordinary sickness, it's a sickness I go through at least once every 100 years. It's a state where my body goes cold ~ as if I were dying ~ and my head keeps pounding non-stop.

Having travel through different worlds can put a big strain on the body, especially since I haven't been to my original world in so long.

The first time this happened I actually thought I was going to die, a lot of dramatic things happened back then.

'And on the day I wanted to ask the Sasuke's mom about this Kushina Uzumaki'

I was sure that this Kushina, was Naruto's mom, but my problem right now is trying to calm Naruto down, who is panicking due to my sickness

"N... naru-kun, ca... calm d...d... down" I said to him, but... it made it worse

"HOW CAN I CALM DOWN, I... I don't know what to do! Kai-chan your cold as ice! WHAT DO I DO!" He said in frustration, his entire frame trembling.

He was hugging his knees with his face buried in them, probably to hide his tears.

At seeing this all I wanted to do was go to him and tell him it will be alright, I'll be fine. This sickness will only last for only a week ~ or a month if Lady Luck isn't on my side, hopefully she is.

I got myself out of bed and moved over to Naruto and hugged him. He flinched slightly because of how cold I was.

"K... Kai-chan you should stay in bed! You might get worse"

"You should know by now Naruto"

"Know what?"

I pulled back from the hug and looked at him

"You should know by now that a sickness like this won't stop me, and remember, I made a promised to you that I would protect you until your strong enough to be on your own. So stop thinking that I'm going to die"

I poked him on the head playfully and smiled

"Uhm"

He replied back, rubbing his eyes

"That's good" I said back

Thump!

"Wahhhhh! K...Kai-chan! Are you OK!!!"

'Damn, talking to him without stuttering took more energy then I thought'

"Ye... Yeah? *cough,cough* J... ju... just need to re... rest for a bit..."

My eyes closed shut and I blacked out

Naruto's POV

"That's good" She said back to me

Thump!

I panicked as Kai-chan suddenly dropped to the floor

"Wahhhhh! K...Kai-chan! Are you OK!!!"

I asked, she smiled at me