Chapter 25: A Long Day Pt 3

No One's POV

Click~

.

.

.

Click~

.

.

.

Click~

.

.

.

Click~

The movement of arms, the sound of calm breathing, and the twists and turns of the mind. Two figures sat across each other with only a table and Shogi board to keep between them.

One of them was a man who was somewhere in his late thirty's, his black hair pulled up into a high ponytail, sticking up like a pineapple head. His scars on the right side of his face moved along with the raising of a brow. The gears in his mind working out possible moves for his next turn.

Briefly, he gazed at his opponent who was calmly reading a book. The Tales of a Gutsy Ninja it read on the front cover. A book made by none other then the legendary Jiraiya. From the gleam in her eye, the other ravenet was enjoying the tale.

"How's your book?"

Shikaku asked, voice low as to not break the calm serenity surrounding them. The room didn't have many within, few were conversing, some working or napping from a long mission, others minding their own business.

"It's good" was all Kaitlyn said before moving her Rook.

Click~

The Nara clan head knew that despite the ravens eye not being on the board, she was paying attention. But something about this kid just had him wondering...

"Ya know, if you have questions, all you need to do is ask."

Jerking back from the sudden response, Shikaku blinked at the raven who was now looking him in the eyes, smile polite, but her eyes... her eyes were laughing gleefully at his reaction. Coughing briefly, the bearded man tried to regain his bearings.

"But I can't guarantee that I will answer all of them."

She was still smiling but the smile was more playful. Putting on a smile himself, Shikaku moved his Bishop.

"Okay then, how about this, how old are you?"

"14"

Click~

"I see, and you're a Joinin yes?" he was answered with a nod, before the other moved a pawn. "Alright, so where do you come from?"

"Hmm... Nowhere you have heard of, I assure you."

He raised a brow at this.

"Oh? and how would you know that? I could have for all you know."

"You really wouldn't, because the place doesn't exist"

Shikaku, had to a moment of stillness before finally placing down his pawn.

Click~

The other ravents words rolled around in his intelligent mind, leading him to theorize some possibility. Either the (supposed) younger was lying and didn't want to share that piece of information ~ but since they mentioned beforehand on how they won't answer some of his questions, there would have been no reason for them to answer at all.