Chapter 21: After

No One's POV

Beep
.
Beep
.
Beep
.
Beep

This was all that was heard inside of a white room with two figures inside, both laying down in bed. One was a boy and the other, a tomboy. Both with black hair and both unconscious.

Everything was silent until the young boy woke up with a start, and gasping. He stared at the white ceiling with sweat dripping down. He moved, but only for his arm to be in pain.

The boy named Sasuke turned to inspect his arm, and see it bandaged up. A memory shot through his mind, and he remembered everything.

Sasuke sat up from his bed and looked to his right were he saw Kaitlyn laying in a hospital bed, bandaged up and unconscious. Another memory crossed his thoughts causing him to grip the sheets laid on him.

Swinging his legs over the side of the bed, and touching the cold hard floor. Sasuke briefly walked to the side of his trainers bed. He watched as her breathing was elevated but the sight of the hidden wounds caused him to frown deeply.

...~...~...~...~...~...~ (Time Skip: Because I'm lazy and don't want to write everything) ~...~...~...~...~...~...

Days passed and Sasuke was now sitting by the lake after he recently left school. Sasuke hasn't seen Naruto or Kaitlyn since the time he was discharged from the hospital.

...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...

Naruto ~ upon waking up that morning of the massacre ~ found Kaitlyn missing from the bed and panicked. He spent the whole day trying to find her but couldn't, so he did what he should have done at first, he went to the hokage.

There he found out that Kaitlyn was in the hospital and didn't even care about the reason why, because hearing the words 'hospital' and 'Kaitlyn' in the same sentence didn't send much of a good implication.

Naruto dashed to the hospital as quick as his little 6-year-old legs would take him. When he arrived, he found Sasuke seated beside her and made his way to them. Naruto never asked Sasuke anything after looking at him in the eyes, it was pain, loss and guilt he saw in them black orbs.

"I'm sorry" were the only words he heard from the Uchiha boy before the said boy stood up from his seat and left the room. Naruto didn't understand his words, so he brushed it off... for now.

Since then, Naruto and Sasuke hasn't seen each other. Naruto stayed at the hospital, stubbornly refusing to leave Kaitlyn's side and Sasuke continued attending the academy.

...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...

Sasuke gazed at his reflection in the water while thinking of his parents.

"I wish I knew... what kinds of things he said to her about me..." he whispered to himself, eyes sad and downcasted at the thought

"All good things I'm sure" a familiar voice suddenly said from behind

Sasuke whipped his head around as fast as lightning and with his eyes wide.

"K..Kai-chan!" He spoke the other ravenets name ~ nickname ~ in shock

"Yup! It me!" She said awfully cheery, rising her hand up as a greeting.

She was dressed in a hospital shirt and pants, bandages still wrapped around her arms and neck.

"I thought you were in the hospital!"

"Oh I was, I just woke up not so long ago"

"Then you should be resting in bed, why are you out here!"