10

"So this is your practice room?", Yoongi asked, looking around the room. "Is everything in this building so dark?"

Jennie laughed and nodded. "Yeah. We hate light."

They had taken Yoongi with them to the studio after agreeing to also show him their choreo. The speakers were also really good in the practice room, so that was a definite plus too.

She definitely had to agree with Yoongi though on this question, especially after looking in the mirror. They all - him included - wore black clothes today and had dark hair. They were going to dye their hair later this day though, before shooting the music video tomorrow and the live at the evenig. But at the moment they all seemed like shadows with the dim lights.

Lisa was already standing excited with Chaeyoung in the middle of the room. She had made the choreography this time and was really proud of it - after all, it would be the first time that they'd show their fans her real skills. "Let's go let's go", she shouted.

"You can sit here", Jennie said to Yoongi and pointed to the bench. "Or wherever you want."

"Just not in the middle of the room please", Jisoo said, coming to her side. "That's my place."

Yoongi laughed and sat down on the floor in front of the bench. "Take your time", he said.

They gathered in the middle of the room and began to do a bit of stretching. They always did it before dancing to not hurt themselves - especially now, a day before their big comeback. Meanwhile Yoongi seemed to do something on his phone - maybe writing with his friends, Jennie mused. He also seemed to be taking selfies.

"Okay, we'll start now!", Lisa exclaimed and pushed them all into their positions, giving them fake microphones. Since they'd be performing with their pink microphones they also were practicing with them.

Yoongi put his phone away and sat straighter. "Should I press play or something like this?", he asked.

"Please, if you don't mind", Jisoo said and showed him how it was done. "We'll actually sing and rap this first time, just to practice performing it, but I don't actually know how much you'll hear over the backtrack."

Then they got into positions and waited for the music to start. Jennie was actually kind of nervous. This wasn't the first time they'd performed this song with an audience, but probably the first time with someone who was practically a stranger. But she trusted Tablo's sense of people - if he liked someone, then this person was very likely to have a good character.

The beat started and they started to move with the music. To show how much this song was truly theirs, they had added their signature phrase at the beginning - Blackpink in your area. Like in Boombayah, Jennie was again the one to shout it, followed by Jisoo's raspy voice beginning the song. They were a good fit, the four of them.

As her rap part came she'd completely forgotten her shyness and delivered her lines perfectly - maybe even better than in the recording, despite dancing.

Afterwards they sunk down on the floor and downed some water, catching their breath. This was their hardest choreography so far and they all had wanted to kill Lisa at some point. Not that it wasn't worth it - they'd received so much praise from everyone for it.

"What do you think?", Chae asked Yoongi, biting her lip nervously.

Jennie's heart thumped, from the excitement, the effort and nervousness. What would he say?