22

"Hey!", Lisa exclaimed surprised. "You're already finished?"

Jisoo looked at us and cheered, then sat down and tried to control her breathing. "I'm ... sorry", she said. "Lisa is torturing us."

Somehow Jennie didn't like that she had to do all this tomorrow and probably even even more difficult. "Come on, we're going to eat something", she said. "Or can't you take a break right now?"

Lisa bit her lip and looked at the girls - Jisoo still on the floor, Chae also breathing hard, even Lisa herself was sweating. "Nah, we can all use a break right now. And I'm dying to see Heize!"

"How is she in real life?", asked Chaeyoung. "I still remember when you and Lisa were watching Unpretty Rapstar!"

They were still trainees back then. One of their friends had participated in the same season as Heize, so of course they had watched it. Especially after the first season with Jessi. Lisa and her loved watching the show and sometimes the other two girls or some other trainees had joined them.

"This is a competition!", Lisa said.

"Wrong season", Yoongi said. "But Jessi is coming later, don't worry."

Jennie grinned. "Come on now. They have chicken today."

"Chickin!" As if it were a magic word Jisoo was now completely fine and ready to go, joined by Chae and her uncontrollable appetite. "Chickin is nice, chickin is life", Jisoo sang and disappeared down the hallway in the direction of the cafeteria.

"Oh my god", Jennie said in a quiet voice and shook her head at her friends, following them.

"Don't worry", Yoongi whispered into her ear and she jumped in surprise. "I know this feeling."

"Right, Jin makes even more dad jokes then her", she said. "And I thought having a hyper maknae is hard, but you have a whole line!"

Yoongi looked at her with wide eyes and grinned. "I know! One time Tae literally hit himself in an award show just because he couldn't stop dancing."

"That could never happen to you, right?", Jennie said with a smirk and winked. Then she bit her lip and looked away, embarrassed. Why did she wink? She was obviously too used to winking all the time.

Yoongi's voice sounded a bit different, too. But maybe that was just imagination. "No, I'm as motionless as a stone."

She grinned at him and feeled relieved that he did too, his cheeks a bit pink. Maybe she should start winking more?

"So, when exactly is Jessi coming?" Lisa appeared between them, seemingly oblivious of whatever had happened. "'Cause I feel like Gucci, I feel like Gucci, you know?", she trailed off when neither Jennie nor Yoongi reacted to it. "Come on, Jennie, you're normally the one to sing it!"

Jennie cleared her throat. "I've rapped so much right now, Lisa, I'm just tired. And she's coming in half an hour."

"She has already recorded her part, right?", Lisa asked.

"Yeah, it sounds awesome. You will love the song!", Jennie promised. "You know, I wanted to ask something in the meeting but maybe I should ask you all first ...", she added, trailing off.

Ever since she had started writing her lyrics the thought had popped up in her head again and again. And now that she had recorded her part it just grew stronger in her head until she couldn't ignore it anymore.

"You know how part of my lyrics are about my friends?", Jennie said slowly. "I wanted to ask if you three could maybe join me at this part in the music video, like in the background or something. Tablo told me that I can make suggestions about my part and that would be what I wanted to ask him today."

Lisa stopped walking, only to look Jennie straight in her eyes. Yoongi had stopped walking too and Jennie saw him nodding, as if he understood exactly what she meant. He probably did.

"Jennie, if you want us to be there with you, we will be", Lisa stated clearly and took her hand. "You know we want to support you with everything we can. This is your solo thing, but if you want us to join you, we will."

Jennie felt tears coming up her eyes and hugged Lisa quickly, trying not to show them. "Thank you", she whispered into her ear. "And I want you there. I never would have been able to overcome all of these stupid rumours without you."

And Lisa just held her, because she had been there with her. She'd been there and had seen Jennie crying in her bed because someone claimed to be bullied by here. Had seen her on the floor, not wanting to face any of the other members because they'd heard that the debut got pushed back again. Had seen her completely flustered and shocked when they heard that people claimed that she was in a relationship with Teddy.

"Thanks", she said again, slowly stepping back from Lisa and wiped away her tears, not daring to look Yoongi in the eyes. What would he think of her now, crying like this in the hallway, without any special reason? Better not to find out. "Let's go eat", she said, forcing her voice to be even and strong. "The others must be waiting for us."