21

Jennie still remembered how different it was to record songs with Tablo compared to Teddy. Tablo liked to praise everyone and point out what you did good, while Teddy prefered to show what you did wrong.

It did good to hear so many praises. And not only Tablo, Yoongi also smiled at her and nodded. Heize was also here, talking to Mithra about something. Jessi had already recorded earlier and would join them later for the meeting.

Recording went well this time, even with all her nervousness. She sat down on a chair and closed her eyes for a bit, feeling as if a weight fell down from her. So much had she feared to disgrace herself in front of her seniors and she was now so relieved that she hadn't. She felt a hesitant touch on her shoulder and looked, only to see Yoongi's hand hovering there.

"You did great", he said, putting his hand back and fiddling with a pencil he found on the table in front of him.

"Thank you", she said and smiled, wishing he hadn't put down his hand.

"We're almost done", he said and looked at Heize, who was now in the recording booth for her ending rap. "After that we're going to eat, right?"

She nodded. "The girls are going to join us and then they'll be back practicing while we have our meeting."

"Are you going to join them after the meeting?", he asked.

"They'll be done by then", she said laughing. It was already the evening and while they were normally practicing up into the night, they had an important schedule tomorrow and couldn't show up with big bags under their eyes. "I'll probably just go to sleep. We're doing a CF tomorrow, so we have to wake up really early."

"Oh that's cool", he said. "We have an interview tomorrow, but we don't have to wake up early for that."

"You're lucky", she said with a slight pout. "Not that I'm complaining ..."

"But you are", he completed her sentence and laughed. "Just sleep in the car or something?"

Jennie shook her head. "I'll just look sleepy."

"How do you look when you're sleepy?", Yoongi asked.

She put her finger to her lips. "Secret", she whispered. "No one but me knows."

He smiled and Jennie couldn't help herself but smile with him. And then they said nothing and Jennie didn't want to move, just look at him smiling, look at him looking, look at him now seeming more serious, look at him ...

"You're done!", Tablo said next to her and they all clapped as Heize came out of the recording booth. 

Jennie jumped slightly. She felt as if she'd forgotten that Tablo had even existed and now they were back in reality. She tried not to look at Yoongi, but when she did, she saw that his cheeks were now a little pinker than they were before. Because of her?

"Let's go eat something", Heize said excited. "I've heard nothing but good things from your cafeteria!"

"It's not that heavenly great", Jennie muttered. Chaeyoung would disagree, but Chae thought that every single food on earth was heavenly great. Besides avocadoes maybe.

She heard Yoongi chuckling besides her and looked at him again, shrugging her shoulders. "You've eaten here before, what's you opinion as an outsider?", she asked him.

He seemed kind of taken aback. "Ehm. It's good, but I do think that the rumours got a bit out of hand", he said. "But I haven't eaten here a lot, so ..."

Heize looked at them with curious eyes. "You guys know each other?"

"Yeah, we've met when Tablo first told me about the song, we're friends since then", Jennie tried to explain.

It seemed to be enough. Heize just nodded, and turned back to Mithra, talking about something else.

Jennie looked at her phone and saw that it was earlier than she had told the girls. "Tablo", she said. "The girls are still practicing, I'm going to pick them up there and then join you again, okay?"

He nodded. "Go on."

"You want to come with me?", she asked Yoongi shyly.

He didn't say anything, but started walking. Into the wrong direction. Jennie laughed. "It's not back there! Or have you forgotten anything."

She saw him blushing and he hurried quietly back. "This place is way too dark", he complained.

"I thought you liked the dark?", she teased him. "Or at least that's what you've told me."

"I still need to be able to see something", he said sulking. "How do you even see yourself in the mirrors? Or anyone at all? There could be someone lurking in these shadows at all time."

Jennie had to stop walking because she had to laugh so hard. "You get used to it", she finally said, somehow out of breath. "Come on, scaredy cat. We can get you a flashlight, if you want to." She pushed him forwards. "They are only down this floor, I'm sure you can handle it."