The witch's house

LYDIA DEETZ AND THE WITCH'S HOUSE

Capítulo 14: The witch's house

The black clouds covered the blue sky indicating that a drizzle would soon fall, a scene that was accurate about the scene that was about to unfold in front of Ellen's haunted house, which had been discovered by Lydia.

"All those dead cats, how could you?" Percy hissed to her as he bristled his tail and showed his now elongated fangs.

"Cats always came to my house," Ellen answered, "they always conspired against me. They came from leagues around to end my life."

"Cats have always fought the forces of evil for the benefit of mankind," Lydia replied, "it is an ugly irony that they are now seen as a symbol of bad luck."

"Or the bad guys from the movies," Percy concluded.

"That last black cat always lurked in the house," said Ellen, "always instigating, I wanted to catch him but he always snuck out. I was finally able to catch him when we were alone on the North Lawn, and I grabbed him so tightly that I peeled off some of his skin."

"Kira sacrificed himself to get you," Lydia replied, "I told him not to, but he made her decision in the end."

"What do you mean?" Ellen asked.

"Do you think the bottle we found in the infirmary will help you destroy the rose bush?" Lydia said to her.

Ellen grabbed the jar that Lydia threw at her and saw to her horror that instead of the original contents, the jar was filled with Kira's blood.

"I told him not to do it, that the "rules" of the house would not allow him to meddle with the puzzles It gave us," Lydia told her, "I was very lucky with the fake petals I gave to the yellow flowers, and there was no other chance of another stroke of luck. When Kira, who could move around the house at will, changed the contents of the jar with hisr blood, he sealed his fate as the house absorbed his vital essence."

"Kira, he only had the strength to get close enough to the door of your room and tried to warn the real Viola, who soon everything would be over," Percy concluded.

The real Viola slowly approached the group as she tried to babble something as she had heard everything.

"Excuse me Viola," Lydia said to Ellen's bloody body, "with the powers of the house nullifying my magic, I had to pretend I didn't know it was you. If I had revealed Ellen's deception since we entered the house, the magic of the house would have gone into chaos and we would all have died. I had to get you out of the house, now I can save you."

"What are you going to do!" shouted Viola.

"Not only can roses form a barrier, so can salt," said Lydia, "you were very careful in that sense, Ellen, there was not a single salt shaker in the whole house, but I can still make salt increase your despair."

The black clouds were already over the house and soon the drizzle began to drizzle down on everyone.

Ellen was watching Lydia, Percy and Viola immutably on her old body, when she noticed something on the corner of her lips soaked in light rain.

"Lydia, what are you doing? AHHHHGGGG," Percy shouted as his eyes looked up into the black clouds and then covered his face with his hands as if he were seeing a horror.

The raindrops were salty.

"Did you say you were jealous of me, Ellen? I didn't always have Percy by my side, just like you were despised by everyone else," Lydia said. "You couldn't get out? Even if you're surrounded by people, you can still be lonely. What is falling at this moment are not only raindrops, but also all the tears I shed when I realized that I did not live a single day of my life and only existed."

Ellen gave a heartbreaking scream and her soul tried to flee the place, which together with Viola's desire to return to her original body, caused Ellen and Viola to switch bodies.

Viola lay unconscious on the grass with her original body, while Ellen had returned to hers, who would soon die.

"Percy, are you all right?" Lydia asked him when she approached her boyfriend.

"I am, Lydia, I'm just worried to see you cry, and when I saw all those tears of yours."

Lydia hugged Percy, who reciprocated the hug. After a moment they split up.

"Percy, help me get Ellen to the tree stump, I have to save her."

Percy did so and carefully deposited the withered body of Ellen who was already dying.

Lydia murmured an enchantment and a magic circle appeared around the stump, then Ellen's body was transmuted into a white flower, just like the one next to the tree in the garden inside the house.

"It's a lily tree," Lydia explained to Percy, "Ellen's memories came to my mind, sometimes when she was a little better, she would come out here and sit by this tree, yes, she was like a pure and beautiful white flower. But when you only get contempt from others, in the end you change for the worse."

"The ghost head with the lilies was another manifestation of Ellen?" Percy asked.

"Yes, it was the subconscious manifestation of her desire to be saved," Lydia replied, "now she and the other spirits trapped in the house can rest in peace."

"Including Mr. Frog?"

"All of them: Mr. Frog, Kira, the invisible bird, the ghosts, even the addicted prisoner... now they will all reside in this white flower that will become a beautiful white tree."

When she said this, the butterfly in Percy's hair flapped its delicate wings one last time as if to say goodbye and then vanished.

.

.

Eighty years later....

A beautiful blonde girl with braids was approaching a couple of trees in the middle of the forest.

"Here it is, here it is!" said the girl to an adult woman who, like the girl, had blond hair except that it fell into an elegant ponytail.

The girl and the woman wore casual clothes and watched in rapt fascination the landscape in front of them.

"You know my princess? Your grandmother told me that a friend of hers and her boyfriend planted this white tree so that a girl would never feel alone again."

"A little girl?"

"Yes, she lived in a house that now has no ruins left. These two trees were at the entrance of the house."

"And the child is happy now?"

Your grandmother told me that she was and that she had a lot of friends to play with.

Mother and daughter left after a while, and bathed in the sunlight, a varied group of people, cats and other animals, insects and even plants, all translucent and in front of a translucent house, seemed to spend a pleasant afternoon with a beautiful seven-year-old girl. And there, watching them all from a tree branch, a black cat smiled gently as he lay down to take his usual nap in the radiant sunshine.

FIN

Thank you for reading, do not forget to vote and comment, pretty please.