Chapter 9 - Back In Your Arms

Chapter 9

Back In Your Arms

Becca's P.O.V.

He was there. Zayn. Standing 10 meters away from me. Just standing there, looking at me. I looked in his eyes filled with happiness and I was actually melting. My knees were getting weaker, my hears has bumping so hard in my chest, my hands were almost shaking. The only thing I could see was Zayn. Like I was in a trance. Gosh, I've missed him so much; even I haven't talked with him since yesterday, I missed him. But... but I screwed up everything. Everything. Oh, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have dumped him, I shouldn't have let him go... I want to run, to jump in his arms, to hug him so tight and never let him go, I want to...

Wait, what am I saying? I barely know this guy and I can't fall for him, not this hard. Well, I guess to late... I stepped forward, when I hit me. I was out of this magical trance. I felt the gazes fixed on me. What is happening? I quickly turned back and ran upstairs. Someone called my name, but I didn't stop. I locked the door and I sat on the bed, cuddling a pillow. I felt tears in my eyes and I couldn't stop it. As my tears flowed down my cheeks, the memories came back. I don't want this again...

*Flashback*

I was sitting on a bench, in the park, waiting for Mark. We would meet there and go somewhere, you know, a date. We would celebrate the fact that we graduated a few hours ago, that we finally finished the high school. He said that he wanted to take something from home before we would go to 'a secret place'.

Mark was my boyfriend. We'd been dating for a year and I loved him so much. He was my brother, my best friend, my everything. Every time I was upset, he could make me smile; every time I was angry, he could make me feel in a better mood. I loved him with every single part of my body.

I looked at my clock. It was 17:30. He should be there at 16:00. Why is he late?

I stood up and I walked to the fountain. Water always relaxes me. I sat on the edge of the fountain. Wow, there are so many couples in the park. I knew many of them because they were my class mates or my friends and I was happy for them. It's good to feel loved. Just look at them! There's Kathy and Nate, Rose and Peter, Jessica and Andrew. Even school's biggest bitch, Priscilla is kissing a boy. I can't recognize him because I can't see his face, but his hair looks like Mark's. I hate Priscilla, she's been acting like a diva since kindergarten, but now, that everything's over, I'm happy for her.

Suddenly the guy turned around and I saw his eyes. I could recognize those deep blue eyes everywhere. It was Mark.

"You jerk! " I screamed then I slapped him.

"Babe, please, come here. I can explain!" he said, trying to hug me.

"I'll explain you something: it's over. Don't you dare to call me, text me, talk with me, touch me or even look at me. Understand?" I shouted then I run away. I was so hurt; I didn't spoke with anyone for 3 days, until girls finally helped me to move on. That day I promised to myself not to fall this hard for a guy, just to avoid all this feelings.