Chapter 4 : New Encounters

Y/N P.O.V

8:47 is showed on my clock when I woke up. The happenings yesterday were weird. Not only did we finish the whole dance in one day, that's nearly impossible to do and I know that those only happen in fanfics.

Anyway, Camila asked me to be her partner. Well...not really asked, more like...what's the word. She demanded it. Vanessa didn't even have a say in it, she's basically the one in charge of making the actual pairs.

I did my morning routine and got out to pick an outfit for today's practice. After minutes of searching, I've come up with this:

I went downstairs and ate breakfast with my brothers and sister

"So guys, I have something to share from what happened yesterday." They all stopped eating and turned to look at me.

"What is it?" Tori asked.

"Is it bad?" Shawn questioned with concern evident in his voice.

"Tell me and I'll kill 'em." Zayn suggested.

"Pass the rice, please." Good old Lucas.

"Seriously Lucas?" Zayn asked Lucas with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm hungry, okay? But I'm listening." He assured.

I just nodded. They kept quiet so I guess that's a signal to continue.

"Camila chose me as her partner in their project or test or something." I said.

"That's good!" Shawn.
"Where's the problem there?" Zayn.
"She's still your best friend, right?" Tori.

Lucas just stayed quiet since he already knows.

"Ok guys, there's more to the story." Lucas started. I then told them about my little crush towards Camila and stuff we talked about. I didn't include the part when she looks at me and Vanessa, she looks like she's about  jealous but maybe I'm just delusional.

"So, let me get this straight. You like Camila but she doesn't like you back. And you've been asking her out but she keeps on giving you the "I'm straight" shit?" Zayn said after I finished the story.

"I'm not gonna tell you off this time, Zayn." Tori said while staring blankly, maybe she's thinking about something.

"So that's why you go home all droopy and sad and stuff." Shawn said as he furrowed his eyebrows.

Lucas and I just nodded in response.

"So you're gonna pick her up now?" Lucas asked.

"Well, yeah. I was the one who invited her actually." I said while nodding my head.

"Are you still like, trying to get her to change her mind?" Tori suddenly asked, finally getting out of her own trance.

I sighed. "I won't give up on something I love. I'll do anything to prove to them that I'm worth it. Yeah, I failed at that attempt on getting the reaction I wanted and maybe I did want to quit it but when you look at it the other way around. If something quits, it doesn't mean that you'll fail automatically." I said while looking at them intently.