Chapter 18 : Field Trip (4/5)

Y/N P.O.V

After that call from my father, I haven't opened my mouth ever since.

The gang tried to talk to me but I just kept my head down and my face blank. I really can't believe that he's back in my life only to make me hate it once again.

"Baby, I need you to eat. I don't want you getting sick." Camila was by my side ever since yesterday. She tried talking to me, she never stopped trying to make me eat. She even told me that she made it on her own and that it won't kill me, hopefully.

"Do you want to maybe talk about it?" She set down the soup since they decided that it was easier to feed me liquid stuff and she sat down beside me.

I huffed and just shrugged.

"I'm just talking to myself now, huh?" She laughed lightly to maybe try and lighten up the mood.

"We still need to get ready y'know?" I thought about it and decided to give up this facade of mine.

"I..I'm sorry for ignoring you guys. It's just so frustrating that, that asshole is gonna fuck things up again. Maybe because he needs money now or maybe even tease us just for the fun of it." I punched the floor to release some of this pent up anger. I really need to buy a punching bag.

Camila huffed and just hugged me. I hugged her back, more tightly than the common hug.

"I'm glad that you decided to talk to me again. For once, I thought I was really alone there." She kissed my forehead and hugged me tighter too.

"I'm glad-er that you really are mine." I let go of her and we stared at each other, smiling that we were in each other's presence.

A few more minutes, Camila spoke up.

"Hey Y/N?" I just replied a 'yeah' so I could let her continue.

"Do you believe in love? If so, what is love for you?" She looked at me with a tilted head. Cute.

I laughed at the cliche question but nonetheless decided to answer it.

"I'd like to think that I believe in love. At a young age, I didn't know what love was like if I received it from my father." She looked at me with no response so I took it as a sign to continue.

"But once we got out of that place, I started to feel everything again, one by one, with my real family by my side through it all. I felt the need to protect, the need to strive, and I found the purpose in life to continue living." I finished.

"But what do you think about love? Is there a difference between being in love and loving someone else?" She leaned her head on my shoulder and I thought deeply about her  question.

"Love is...you can't really define love, right? Love is like something that naturally happens, not: "Oh hey, I love you." You can't really mean that and say it with a 100% guarantee that you do love the person once you feel that ounce of comfort and complete assurance that the person you're with is the one you really love." I looked at her.

"What? You lost me there." She started playing with my fingers while I was startled. I didn't expect that she would actually miss my point there.

"Point is, I'm merely guessing." She looked at me shocked.

"But you know a lot already. How are you still guessing at this point?" She asked me so of course, I answered.

"I never had that feeling of being in love. I never had any relationships to discover it." I looked down but she cupped my face to keep them up.

"Maybe I can help you with that..." We were so close to each other this time and I can see Camila shifting her eyes from my lips to my ocean blue eyes.