Chapter 23 : Are You Out There?

Camila P.O.V

"Do you have the cctv footage?" Lucas sternly asked in which the staff shook their heads to.

"O-our boss might have it mister, but only he gets to access that part of the restaurant." The cashier replied.

"For fuck's sake! Get him! I need to talk to this motherfucker! He runs a restaurant but can't even ensure the safety of his customers." The waiter scurried away to get the 'boss' of the restaurant once Lucas looked at him.

"Lucas, you need to calm down. Ransacking the whole restaurant's reputation isn't gonna help with our situation." Veronica said as he massaged Lucas' temples to maybe help him calm down.

He sighed and eventually quieted down after a while.

"H-here's our manager, sir." A man in a suit and tie came in a composed manner but I can clearly see it in his eyes that he was scared. Not only did he fail to protect a customer, he failed at protecting the Y/N Cadwell, a family which can even buy your dignity.

"Ah there you are. Sit." We were at the manager's office since Lucas busted in here a while ago.

The manager sat in front of his desk while Lucas is situated on his seat.

"Good Evening, sir-"

"Drop it. Give me the footage. Right. Now."

"B-but sir, we don't have cctv's in the stalls."

"Well obviously. I need the footage from 'outside' the stalls, thank you. I think your brain can analyze that simple request, right?"

"A-ah y-yes, right away." He scurried out and pushed an employee on the way to the cctv room.

"Lucas, I really think you should calm down." I spoke with my rugged and worn out voice after a few minutes of being silent.

He sighed again and inhaled.

"I'll be very calm once we find Y/N so the sooner, the better." He tapped his foot impatiently.

"H-here's the foo-" He didn't even finish his sentence when Lucas snatched the tablet with the footage.

The footage started with a silent humming sound, moments after, I saw Y/N come out of a stall and started washing her hands. That glimpse alone made me break down cause truth is, I miss her already and who knows what's happening to her.

Little did Camila know, someone exactly knows what's happening.

**

"Mija, how long are you gonna stay there?" My mom asked me as I was putting the sweater I borrowed from Y/N back at the field trip.

"Until we find Y/N, Mama. So hopefully not long." I kissed her cheek and went to my dad to do the same.

"Are you gonna need a ride?" Papa asked as he was about to stand up. I stopped him midway and told him that Lucas was picking me up.

"Okay then, mija. Stay safe and hopefully you lot can find Y/N." He kissed my forehead and resumed reading the e-book from his Ipad.

Minutes later, the doorbell rang and showed Lucas in a simple white t-shirt and beige shorts.

"Are you ready?"

"Yup." I replied and pulled my suitcase to the front door.

"Here. Let me take that." I handed him the suitcase and went to put it in the car. I looked back one more time and closed the door.

After a few minutes of driving, we finally arrived at the Cadwell residences.

"My sister and brothers should be home already so let me explain to them then if they ask you, just tell the truth. Okay?" Lucas asked me and I nodded.