Kendan

It's time to start something new,

and trust the magic of new beginnings.

The pack was rushing through our new house that was finished building after a year of work, my mother and father wanted to start a new after our pack was burnt to a crisp

A lot of people left our pack after that, fleeing, running to nearby packs for the security that they potentially held. Only the ones loyal to us stayed. And over two years later we are in a new territory that my father fought for our pack to have. It was more land than a pack of 30 should necessarily have, but we were planning for the future.

"Emerson you better run!" My younger sister yelled a tiny blur flew by me in the hall as our youngest sibling ran through the halls screeching, the bun on her head flopping as she ran from her sister.

Bexley came rushing around the corner, her long curls bouncing with her as she rushed after our sister, not using her Lycan speed to catch up with the little girl. "Maverick, you better run too. I know what you did." Another giggle resounded through the house as two sets of pattering feet ran from our sneaky sibling.

Shaking my head, I caught the fierce look in Bexley's eyes, knowing that when she caught the two of them she wouldn't show mercy as she tickled the two until tears were shed.

Pack members, who were more like family, darted out of Bexley's way knowing she's a force to be reckoned with, everyone knows the length of her mischievousness.

The twins were the next people who nearly bounded into me, getting Bexley's energy the three of them were trouble. Their dark eyes matched our mothers as they shared the same straight dark hair.

They were talking about the Ball for the Lycans that we would be attending at the end of the week. Ellis and Wilder could be seen as players with their sharp jaws, pierced ears, and charming smiles. But underneath it, all the two of them were yearning for their mates.

I was leaving today to visit a nearby pack. As the heir to this pack, it was my duty to make peace with nearby Alphas so that no trouble would arise when I took over when my father was ready to step down.

My father loved the Alpha position, and my mother supported him wholeheartedly. So, it would be a few years before I took over, but it gave me enough time to find my mate and settle down with her before we had a whole pack to look after.

I was leaving tonight at sunset, which gave everyone enough time to settle in before seeing off their future Alpha.

Hearing the squealing shrieks of laughter, I knew that Bexley had found Maverick and caught Emerson.

Entering my own room, I began to unpack my meager belongings. I've always felt strongly about my mate, never wanting to fully commit to anything within the room that would soon be ours because I knew that she would want a say in it.