Kendan

So we beat on,

boats against the current,

borne back,

ceaselessly into the past.

You never realize how much someone means in your life until they're gone

You never realize how much someone means in your life until they're gone. They go from always being with you every step of the way to just not there.

Everyone in our pack was feeling the aftermath of having Bexley gone. No one truly appreciated the girl and how much she did for us.

More often than not we took her being in the pack for granted, never giving too much of a thought about her mate and when she would eventually leave us to be with him.

But her mate was supposed to keep her happy, not become the source of her misery.

Talking to her was hard. Every time I dialed her number I end up chickening out before the second ring begins.

Unbelievable. An alpha afraid to call his younger sibling.

I felt like a coward.

No, I was a coward.

"What's on your mind?" Leia's arms wrapped around my shoulders as she gently pushed her front into my back as I sighed wearily, trying not to flinch at the wounds I got from training earlier today that were still healing.

She pulled away feeling the flash of white-hot pain through our bond, laying her hand on my cheek. "Again?" Her eyes were concerned, I didn't need to delve into her mind to know exactly how worried she was.

"It's just training were all getting our frustrations out." I excused my siblings' behavior. I knew exactly why their beasts lashed out in training, the only place they could without being put back into their place.

Their Lycans were furious that I got to finish the mating bond while they're forced to painfully wait for something that we're not sure will ever come.

The dark circles under my eyes hung low as I blinked lazily looking at the papers in front of me with notes. My mother and father were worried more than they let on with the threats against Bexley.

After many arguments, we had all conclude that we would not alert her mate of the situation, only out of fear he would not care about the bond and demand that she comes back as she is a danger to the pack as of now.

My father didn't like them not knowing what was going on, he had sent more patrols to help watch the line of the two territories. My parents' tempers were riding a thin line, the both of them snapping at any moments notice, the younger kids were mainly keeping to themselves, hiding out in Bexley's room.

Everything was wrong.

Emerson didn't take that damned jacket off, ever. I shook my head as we sat at the meeting table in silence, waiting for the twins to show up.