Wilder

Watch me burn,

in this hospital for souls.

It wasn't until we got into the pack house did any of us realize that Mia was bleeding.

My mom took a deep breath in the second we walked in, pausing in her steps to Lazarus as he stormed past her as she locked eyes on Olympias drained form in Ellis' arms. "You're bleeding."

"What?" I dropped the two legs that I had been dragging for miles as I rushed forward as Ellis was inspecting her.

My mom took a step back as Olympia offered her a shaky smile, nodding. "I know."

"I'm sorry." My mother uttered before looking away from us. "Come and get me after you three talk, I wish to have a word with Mia." My brows furrowed as she and my father went to race after Lazarus.

"What is she talking about, Mia. Why are you bleeding." Ellis asked softly, pulling her closer into his chest. I allowed my eyes to roam across the room, finding the children and Lincoln looking at us concerned, but Nan had her hand over her mouth in shock. Her eyes sparkling with tears.

A slight sniffle from my mate had the beast in me rearing his ugly head at the thought of her upset or hurt. "Let's go talk in the room."

"Mia, if you're hurt we should go to the doctor." Ellis pushed as Mia met my eyes from beyond his broad shoulder.

"Wild, please." Her bottom lip trembled as I walked past my brother, heading for our assigned room knowing he would follow.

Ellis sighed, not liking how she pulled the other mate card but followed diligently. Now that the smell of her blood was pointed out, it was all I could smell.

After entering our room and shutting the door firmly behind us. Ellis sat Olympia on the bed as I shifted on my feet, eyeing her for the injury.

"Where are you hurt, do you want to get cleaned up first?" My eyes roamed her figure, extremities were all intact, I didn't see any cuts.

"I didn't get hurt," She started as Ellis cut her off.

"Then why are you bleedin-"

"I had a miscarriage." Her words halted both Ellis and me, neither of us breathed as his words were cut off.

"What?" Ellis breathed, pulling out a chair to sit on as I stood rigid.

She didn't look at us, I could smell the tear that fell from her eye though. "I lost our baby."

"I don't understand," Ellis gripped his hair, tugging on the long strands. "Did you know you were pregnant; how did this happen?"

My heart dropped as she sniffled. "I only found out before we left to come here."

"Why didn't you tell us?" My voice was thick as I had to force the words out of my mouth.

She had a soft smile on her lips as she looked at the both of us. "Your uncle and his mate told me that doing the spell was a big stressor, it would take a lot out of me." She shuttered out a sigh as she folded her hands. "I knew the risks."

"You knew you were going to lose the baby." Ellis question came out as a statement as she nodded her head.

"Why would you do that?" He demanded the question to be answered as I was struggling to keep up with what was happening.

"It was between your sister and a baby that I would have miscarried either way. As a human, you both know that Lycan children surviving within my womb has a lower chance of surviving than if your mate would have been another Lycan or werewolf." She got up slowly, wincing which caused both Ellis and I to move forward to help her.

"Your sister is your life. Both of you and Kendan both lost the light in your eyes when she was gone. I couldn't risk that, regardless if the spell had never worked before, I had to try. We can have children in the future when we are ready."

Regardless of her reasoning, the tears fell fast down my fast as I stifled the sob. Mia's eyes shot to my own crumpling form as she came and enveloped me in her arms as Ellis wrapped his arms around her other side until we were all hugging and sobbing at the thought that we had lost a sister and a child within the span of six hours.

. . . . .

My eyes were puffy and red when I finally made it to the infirmary. I roughly rubbed my fists against my eyes as I sighed steeling my nerves.

Knocking lightly on the door, I pushed it open to find Lazarus sitting in the corner looking moody as my parents were at Bex's side while a doctor cleaned her wounds. I cleared my throat as I sniffled slightly.

"Where's Ellis baby?" My mom looked worried, a pain lingering in her eyes. I knew it would be good to have her talk to Olympia, she knew exactly what she was going through.

"With Mia, we want you to talk to her. We don't," I cleared my throat as tears welled up in my eyes again. "We don't get why she put herself in the situation." My mother smiled softly, she understood what was going on.

She kissed Bexley's cheek, before placing a kiss on my own cheek as she left the room. My father sat next to Bexley still, his expression blank before he placed a kiss on Bexley's nose. "C'mon princess, pull through for me."

For the first time in a while, my father pulled me into a hug. The both of us were alike in the sense that we were closed off. But he clutched me tight as he apologized in my ear as my throat closed up.

"I'm going to go check on your younger siblings and see if I can catch Ellis." He let me go and walked to the door. "Hang in their Lazarus." The Alpha in question froze up slightly before leaning over slightly, his elbows on his knees.

"Thank you." His voice was raw and I made my way to Bexley's side.

"Come on sis," I clutched the cold hand in my grasp as I hoped for her to wake up, for the spell to work.

I let go of her hand as the doctor continued working, cleaning out the wounds that smelled heavily of wolfsbane and infection.

I don't know how long I sat there but eventually, the night began to fall, and my eyes were heavy as Lazarus stood up. "Wilder, come talk with me for a bit."

I hesitated, my heart heavy. "I don't want to leave her alone." The last word slipped from my mouth as the door opened. Turning in my seat, I saw the Beta standing there looking as just as rough as the Alpha.

"I'll take that seat off your hands' bud." His English accent reassured me as he plopped down in the seat as I stood up.

Without caring about the two of us sitting here, he immediately grasped her hand and began talking to her about everything that she had been missing in the packhouse and how much he had missed her.

As his voice got thick and he was clearing it multiple times, Lazarus and I took our leave.

Not knowing if we would come back to the pallid girl with a heartbeat.