Kendan

Worrying means you suffered twice

Bexley really left.

She gave her favorite leather jacket to Emerson, and just, left. She disappeared into the woods with the rest of the Alphas pack. She left her clothes there in a pile though, we put them in her room knowing that's what she would have wanted.

Leroy didn't leave after she shifted and ran with them, my father and he locked themselves in the office and were talking about what was going to happen now.

The twins were avoiding me, and I knew it was because of the mark standing proudly on my neck. I couldn't help but feel as if I lost three siblings today instead of just one. My heart was hurting as I sat with my head in my hands, my body fully aware when Leia stepped into the room softly, the hum inside of me speeding up as she approached us.

"It's not your fault." Her soft voice brought me from my head. "They didn't tell us." Her beast was whining, not liking that her mate was beating himself up over this.

But I couldn't help it, yes, they didn't tell us, but I should have known, I should have known. I should have known that saving the twins lives came with a price, but I was blinded by my beast at the moment.

Shaking myself from the thoughts plaguing my mind, I sat up, glancing over her shoulder as Maverick and Emerson were curled into each other, Emerson's till donning the jacket.

My mother went to visit a neighboring pack with a pregnant woman, as she was due to give birth and we didn't have medical personnel as of right now. They died in the fire trying to save some children.

"Tell me what I can do," She sighed wearily, but if I told her what I really wanted her beast would snap at us. Unhappy that I wanted another she-beast, even if she was my sister.

"I'm going to go train," I mumbled as she turned away from me, her beast longing for us. But I pushed forward, I couldn't help feeling ever so slightly resentful at the person who held my heart driving off everyone else who had held it as I waited for her.

Max was already training when I stepped out into the muggy field. A few other grouped off training forms fought under the shade of the tree, but Max was fighting against Ellis and Wilder. I watched for a moment, taking in how my brothers moved swiftly as one. Almost as if they were one.

"I think it had to do with their Lycans being merged together," Olympia spoke next to me, startling me. I took in her blue hair, standing out against her black shirt and white flowy skirt that hit the ground.

I turned to look back as they moved together, bringing Max to his knees once again before letting him get back up. "I've been reading up on it with a book Leroy brought. It's kind of confusing, but if what it says is true." Turning, she met my gaze before she shook her head pursing her lips.

"It'd be different than anything anyone has seen before." I cocked my head to the side.

"Different how," The faraway look faded from her eyes as she turned, smiling at me.