Bexley

Look in the mirror,

I dare you.

Dull, lifeless eyes looked back at me

My refection looked back at me in the mirror in my bathroom, where I had taken refuge at. My tanned skin looked more ashen, my body losing its muscle.

My body was slowly deteriorating while I was still living.

All because the bond was ripped away when the Alpha stormed away, my life had been in his hands and he snapped it in half, setting it on fire before throwing it off a cliff, where I landed on the pointed jarring rocks that pierced my body. This wasn't who I was, I was just a shell of who I once was.

I tired not to think about the fact that my mom had enlisted the help of my Aunts, who were all sitting in my bedroom waiting for me to come out. Sighing, I walked into the other room, heavy bags under my dead eyes, with one of the twins, sweatpants on and the others sweat shirt. I didn't need people knowing how weak my body was right now. 

My Aunt Anna-Marie was nervously holding her stomach, as her eyes flit across my form. She was mid-way through her long pregnancy, but her eyes still held concern for me, as her mocha skin hadn't seemed to age at all from the pictures I had of her holding me when I was born.

Aunt Delta was sitting in the middle of the bed cross legged, she was undoubtedly my favorite person. She used to be a free spirit after she could control her shift successfully, she left the pack. She traveled around the world, exploring the new world she was thrust into. She was changed, so she wasn't guaranteed a mate, and had still yet to find one, but that didn't stop her from finding happiness in what she could.

She would always bring us trinkets from everywhere she had been when she checked in after a few months of being gone.

Trinkets that were now ash.

I went with Aunt Delta once, I was a teenager. My parents thought it would be good for me to leave the looming threats behind. It was the night of my 16th birthday, when she and I snuck off in the middle of the night and got a flight to France. From there we went to Italy, Germany, Russia, New Zealand, wherever our hearts desired.

We stayed out there traveling for over a year, periodically checking back in with home, I remember the terrible homesickness I felt after the second month, but my parents persuaded me to stay out there, going home now was too risky.

But after Delta got a frantic phone call from my dad, we packed everything in a hurry and got the quickest flight back we could. By the time we reached the pack the fire was blazing, screams were ricocheting off the woods as the fire roared.

It was chaos as we ran straight into a group of wolves waiting just behind the tree line, ready to slaughter anyone who tried to escape. Subconsciously, my fingers found the scar across one side of my neck.