Chapter 9;

Meliodas looks at me with a look that screams "Get out of here" but I stand ready for attacking as I look back at Merlin who seems ready to be attacking as well.

The shapesh- Hellhounds growl furiously at us as the first one charges forward baring it's teeth like a sword but aims for me instead of Meliodas who stands in front of me.

"Perfect cube" Merlin says almost as in a hurry as a large purple box appears around me knocking the hellhound back a few meters but it stands up now looking more frenzied than before.

"Y/N take this" Merlin says throwing something towards me and I grab it curiously looking at it noticing it's just a round orb. What was I going to do with a round orb? Merlin rolls her eyes as she see's my confused expression.

"Focus our magic on it, and it'll bring a suitable weapon to you" she says as I slightly frown in confusion but do what she tells me to either way I do as told closing my eyes shut as I feel the rush of energy flowing through me and aim it right at the small black orb as in a flash it turns into the familiar sword that I have known for quite some time now.

Perfect I tell myself as I look at Merlin wanting the cube gone.

"Don't!" Meliodas says as my attention turns to him but Merlin does it either way probably thinking I am capable of attacking myself. Which I'm quite happy about.

I run forward dodging the bite of the hellhound as it's movements turn slightly sloppier as I run around it. Then as if with the speed of light it turns around and in that split second when it's jaws are wide open heading for me it just stops.. And turns around running towards Meliodas the ground slightly shaking with the impact.

"Meliodas!" I shout my voice showing concern and worry as he turns towards me and in that one second he is distracted the hell hound in front of him bites down on his arm a strange green substance oozing out from the hellhounds jaws as I rush forward wanting to protect the person I love.

Without saying anything my sword slowly starts blazing with F/C and I hold it with both my hands as I jump into the air slamming downwards the sword going right through the hell hound as I land on top it.

It let's out a loud whine almost resembling a growl as the other one jumps towards me but Meliodas recovers quickly as suddenly before he can do anything a large beam of pure black knocks the hell hound into a building as it lays still with no motion.

I manage to free my sword as I'm thrown back towards a wall and I try to stand up but instantly feel something take all the energy out of me but instead of charging against me the hell hounds turns around and it's form changes into one of a strange blue bird as it spreads it's large wings out taking to air quickly.

"Meliodas are you okay?" I ask noticing him trying to remove the strange green substance form his arm.

"I'm fine, Y/N are you?" he asks worriedly knowing what the poison did but Merlin looks confused as she comes forward.

"You should've been dead, right now. Or been laying in a coma" she says as she watches me expectantly.

"How are you not?" she asks watching me with a curious look in her eyes.

"That's not important, where did the shape shifter go?" I ask ignoring the terrifying fact that I should be dead as I get more curious about the creature.

"Since it left not when it's companion died but only after it was wounded, I believe it was sent by something else, something else perhaps wanted to attack you. And it was only going to for Meliodas. Perhaps it was aiming at you.. Or Elizabeth" Merlin explains as I mentally bite my lip in slight jealousy. Elizabeth.. But I throw the thought away, she was my friend.

"But if it was aimed at me, why am I not dead?" you question as Meliodas comes forward and suddenly without warning starts groping my boobs and my entire face reddens.

"Seems fine to me" he says with a wink as I look away trying to hide a smile as I take a step back.

"It might be assuming but.. Perhaps the fact that your tail changed from F/C to green may have something to do with it.." Merlin says as my attention snaps to the weird thing I forgot about and I mentally scream.

"But if something did try to kill Y/N.." Meliodas begins stopping before he can say anything else as his face visibly darkens and I almost feel frightened. He was always cheerful.

"Calm down Meliodas, we will find who it was.." Merlin says in heavy thought.

"Perhaps you shouldn't remove that tail of yours then Y/N not for as of right now. But on the bright side the increase of power was showing" she says as I tilt my head in confusion.

"You didn't have to cast a spell for your sword to catch on flames." Meliodas says and I'm surprised he knew that. I thought it was just the orb.

"Oh, right.. How do I make my weapon into the orb again?" I question as Merlin shakes her head.

"You can't.. But, I recommend you should leave soon. That hell hound may be coming back. And I need to repair this-" Merlin says stopping pointing at all the destruction as I bite my lip in anxiousness.. Whoops.

"But what if something happens to Y/N?" Meliodas asks in concern.

"Worry not, as soon as I'm done I'll join you. But I think you need to tell the rest of the sins about this. They probably need to know if something like this happens again." Merlin says as we both nod.

Merlin snaps her fingers as I feel the world instantly turn black before in an instant it's bright again and I feel the world around me being warmer as I notice much to my shock myself being back in the tavern.

"Cap'n?" Ban asks obviously surprised by our sudden appearance.

"Get the others, we need to speak- right now.." Meliodas says sternly his cheerful personality still not back as I stay awkwardly silent.

I did wonder though, why would some one attack us? And aim it at Meliodas loved ones? And since I'm really not dead is there some one else he may love? I snap that thought away.. He didn't..

Right?

----------------------------------------------------

End of this chapter, I'mma just go back to normal after this uh.. Rather long break, I hope you notice some change in my writing style as I think I've improved quite a lot. I wanted to continue writing this book after I began watching season 2 of the deadly sins. It kinda just clicked that I really wanted to write here again. So from now on, I'm gonna try to update this once a week at least ^^ Hope you guys enjoyed.

1172 words

Have a good day! 

Bai!