Chapter 18;

The dragon it was long dead, I could see almost a gaping hole going straight through the dragon. He had been blasted pretty badly. A wild guess, but it's probably the amazing beam King created.

"Don't turn your back on me again Nova!" Titus screeches from behind me as I literately flip around as he walks towards me, but before he even get's a chance to say anything else Meliodas almost slides in front of me arming himself as he leaps towards him knocking him to the ground instantly.

"My name.. Is not Nova, it's Y/N" I say calmly as he ignores Meliodas and just stares at me.

"Foolish, foolish. I know, I know" he says repeating everything. 

"Cap'n what are we going to do with him?" Ban asks form behind us.

"Kill him" Diane mutters angrily.

"You can't decide my fate, I know I'm going to die. But you know what Nova, I'll take you with me" he says as instantly he let's out a horrific scream of pain as his arms start making a sizzling sound and my eyes widen when I recognize what he's doing.

"Self destruction" I say to Meliodas as his grin fades.

"Run!" Elizabeth shouts from behind us as I turn around and as soon as I set a foot forward and my mind is filled with worry I forget my previous injuries and topple right over. But as soon as my legs slip up I'm caught by Meliodas.

I bite my lip in slight embarrassment, but quickly forget it as I hold tightly onto him. Digging my face into his torso to hide the explosive color of redness. 

"Merlin!" Meliodas shouts as I look up seeing Merlin nod instantly.

"Perfect cube" she says raising her hand as a large purple cube appears around us. Diane almost having to lay down to fit in it.

"Are we s-" Elizabeth doesn't even have a chance to speak before a incredibly loud sound of an explosion deafens me. Not a split second later I hear a high pitched noise in my ears making me bite my lip in pain.

Fire.. Fire everywhere, it looked like the sun had crashed into the earth. But yet we we're fine. The fire swallowed up the purple box, but did not even seem to come close to breaking it.

I turn to Meliodas who is still carrying me bridal style as I hug him tightly. And he uses one of his hands to twirl with my hair lightly.

"What do we do? Everything is on fire?" I hear King say as I turn back and as said, the explosion itself had stopped but everything was set ablaze burning brightly. And spreading quickly.

"If there's a river nearby I could gather all the water and make it rain" Merlin says quickly as Meliodas let's me down.

"I can help with that." King says to Merlin as she nods.

"Y/N can you absorb some of the fire?" Merlin asks turning to me as I nod slightly.

"I can't just make it disappear though, I have to release it somewhere." I say as she seems to think.

"Just hold on to it and wait for us to come back." Diane could you remove any further dry plants that could make the fire spread more?" Merlin says.

"Awh, I don't wanna be dirty!" she complains.

"We don't have time to waste, hurry!" Merlin snaps as Diane nods quickly and almost instantly after, the magical box around us disappears and with my injuries constantly searing with pain I limp slightly towards a mass of the fire and stretch out my arms dragging it towards me.

It flows right on me burning for a split second before disappearing. And just like that a giant patch of the fire has been completely removed. 

I start coughing loudly as the mass amount of fire is already taking a toll on me, the smoke making it's way into my lungs. Sure I had heat resistance but I could not survive with the smoke.

"Hold on Y/N" Meliodas says not being able to help me as I struggle coughing loudly as my eyes well up.

I feel as if it's slipping away, but as soon as I do I can feel the pouring rain above me and I let out a final cough as the fire is released and instantly extinguished from the pouring water. 

"Is every one okay?" Merlin asks as every one nods or says "Yes". And it pained me to admit but, I felt relived that Titus was dead. Now he couldn't harm any one else. I was still wondering though, why did he call me Nova?

I look around me as I smile seeing all the flames having been wiped out almost instantly, but the rain was still pouring down and I look up getting multiple drops in my face before suddenly I hear a splash sound and I'm covered in muddy water.

"Ops.. Sorry Y/N" Diane says looking at me with a slight worried face as I turn to her and can't help but smile.

Suddenly though a large gust appears and a giant wave of water hits Diane as she squeals in surprise.

"Merlin!" she whines as I start laughing. And soon enough a war breaks out where water is splashed everywhere.

"You'll become sick!" King says shaking his head with disapproval but Diane grabs him by the shirt as he squirms around in her grasp.

"You should join us King!" she says happily as she throws him down into the mud and he screams like a little girl making me almost fall over in laughter.

"We all did well" Merlin says with a slight chuckle meaning both the fight itself, and the.. Water war?

"Yeah.." I say smiling as I turn to Meliodas who grins right back at me.

--

So.. This is actually the last "real" chapter in a way, it's.. Kind of the end? The last and next chapter's gonna be the epilogue. I'm sure many of you will enjoy that. But I'm gonna be honest, I'm only 14 and cannot write a lemon. So sorry to all of you that wanted one T^T but thank you so much for the support <3!

1020 words

Have a nice day!

Amy.