Chapter 17:

"I know what that is, I will not allow that" Titus says holding the sword tighter to my neck making tearing slightly into the skin as I slightly gasp in pain.

Titus holds out his arm and wraps it around my eyes blocking my vision as I feel myself being forced to take slow steps backwards.

A powerful gust suddenly knocks both of us back and the split second I feel weakness in his grip I grab a hold of his hand and drag it down but his reflexes are far to fast. As he pushes me down yet again getting ready to stab me but in a flash of dark purple almost black he's thrown backwards piles of dirt flying upwards slightly blinding me for a few moments.

  "M-Meliodas?" I stutter more questioning if it really was him but he ignores me his eyes fixated on Titus as he starts laughing while slowly standing up again. Making me flinch once again.  

A loud stomp is heard as I realize I had almost forgotten about the gigantic dragon that suddenly swings it's giant tail backwards and crashes down on top of me and Titus. What surprised me though was that he got up immediately while I was being held down by the massive weight.

Instead of rushing for Titus like I expected Meliodas to do he leaps upwards a slight mass of dust and dirt flowing upwards from the force of the jump

I try to take a deep breath needing to control the fear inside me if I want to be able to help them do anything against this beast. I bite my lip as I hold my breath my body warming up as I focus intently on making it do so.

I start hearing a very low sound of sizzling as I take a deep breath. But not one second after the dragon let's out a loud roar of what resembles a humane scream of pain and it takes multiple steps backwards it's tail following along as I stand up quickly.

My eyes at once go to Meliodas who's moving so fast I can barely follow him with my eyes. I then swiftly turn around remembering Titus was as free as I was.

And he's just.. Staring at me.

"You look look like Nova" he says almost dreamily

  In the corner of my eye I see Meliodas raise his hand slowly upwards as the familiar dark purple color builds upwards and forms what almost resembles a wing. With incredible speed he shoots his wing-arm downwards creating a powerful blast almost making my H/C go everywhere.  

A bright red fire flows everywhere as the dragon cannot keep up with Meliodas and has gone to desperate measures. I looked away feeling pity for the beast.

"Sunflower" I hear King say as my eyes  snap to the floating boy in the air as his spear turns into a gigantic sunflower.

I squint my eyes multiple times the bright solar beam almost being as bright as the sun. It strikes the dragon head on as it falls to the ground almost instantly losing it's balance and gaining a mortal wound spontaneously.

"Help Y/N, I can deal with this" King shouts to Meliodas who doesn't seem to knowledge him but yet turns to me and Titus. Leaping downwards to stand right in front of me.

"So the l-little demon comes out to p-play!" he says as at first I think he's stuttering out of fear but I realize that he can barely control himself from laughing making him seem even more scarier.

"I'm not stupid, I know I can't beat a demon. Yes I know that, but can a demon with feelings beat this?" Titus asks as he fully stands up holding his left arm with the right as I notice it's almost twisted.

"NIGHTMARE!" he screams incredibly loud as suddenly the sky blackens as what seems like black mist and gathers around me and to my shock in less than a few seconds I can see nothing

Footsteps is all I hear, and it's driving me crazy. I turn around multiple times. 

Step..

Step..

I turn around swinging my sword in the direction as some one familiar dodges. 

"You.." I say my voice full of venom as he smirks.

It's him.. My uncle.

"How are you still alive?" I question being wary before I attack him.

"I told you, I would come back for you." he says as I let my anger take the better of me as I charge forward yelling loudly as he seems to easily dodge. And before I can turn around I'm knocked backwards by something large.

I let out a searing hiss of pain, how was he this much stronger? There's no way.

I stand up slowly as I turn towards him only to notice he's gone, step.. Step.. Step.. At this point I was actually starting to become afraid, I stretch out my sword as I make it burst into F/C flames, hoping it would work as a light.

Suddenly I feel something right behind me, as if pure lightning itself moved there. I don't have time to react before I let out a scream of agony realizing both of my legs have been gashed.

I slightly fall to my knees looking behind me confirming what I already knew, both of my legs had been almost cut across as if some one had dragged a sword across them with ease.

I flinch in pain as I stand up, I needed to focus. Focus! I repeated to myself a few more times.

To my horror though, the flame disappeared immediately becoming a small puff of smoke before fully disappearing. As I'm distracted by the loss of my power I'm suddenly held. Something was holding me.

I couldn't see anything, and my heart was wildly pacing as small sparks of fire started running down my arms. 

I stop completely moving as I hear something sniffing and my body stiffens with slight fear and curiosity as I realize that something is sniffing me. 

I ignore the feelings as I in a quick move break free from the grip and turn around and I see him again, it's my unc- I stop my thoughts as he slightly morphs back and fourth. 

"It's his magic" I say out loud as I finally put the pieces together. This has to be Meliodas, no wonder he was so much stronger than him.

"Meliodas?" I say out loud as his eyes snap to mine in an instant and the complete darkness around us starts disappearing as I fall to my knees once again the pain finally getting to me.

"Y/N.." I hear Meliodas say as I look up at him seeing his worried face makes my heart skip a beat.

So I grin widely, ignoring the pain to make him feel better. We both realized that we had been attacking each other, but we chose to ignore it.

He reaches out his hand and I grab it as he helps me to my feet. 

"No.." a voice says as I feel slight anger spark in me that he's still alive.

"Don't worry Y/N, I'll take care of this" Meliodas says a grin spreading from his face as well making me blush slightly.

--

Credits too @-keithkoganed for the awesome cover <3