TEARS

I tapped him lightly on his shoulder. His head shot up out of fright. Once he noticed it was me he eased up. He looked up at me with red puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks. He started to stare at me as if he were looking for something in my eyes. I guess he decided to break the silence between us."Are you always this early to work Ms.Logan?" I kinda laughed at the question. I guess I have to answer. "Actually yes Mr.Lopez. I make sure before you get here every this prepared and ready." He started to stare at me again, but this time I decided to stare back.

     It was like he was staring into my soul because my legs grew weak and my vision blurry for staring for so long. I could feel my heart about to pop out of chest and just take flight to the floor at any second. I guess he was going to break the silence once again. "Have you been doing this for 3 years Ms.Logan?" I kinda laughed a little again.  I guess I have to answer that too. "Yes I have."

      He started to stare at me again, and again I decided to stare back. He was staring into my soul again because my legs grew weak and my vision grew blurry from staring for so long once more. As I looked into his eyes I could see a certain twinkle when he looked at me. His eyes grew less puffy every second and his tears dried.

    I pulled away from his stare. "Are you ok Mr.Lopez?" I asked. " I'm fine now." He said with a slight smile. When I looked at the wall clock it read 7:59. I turned back to him to see him staring at the floor. He looked deep in thought again like he was when he first entered the room. I tapped his shoulder lightly again. He looked up at me now confused. He seems to not be having a good day. "Well work starts in a minute would you like for me to get you some coffee Mr.Lopez?" He smiled, " That would be nice. Thank you."I smiled back.I went to my office and grabbed my mini bookbag and started to head to his office door to exit, but he stopped me before I could leave.

     "Ms.Logan?"He said. "Yes Mr.Lopez?" "You look beautiful today." He said with a charming smile. "Thank you." I said blushing like a complete fool. I opened the door and exited.

      He finally noticed.