M.I.A.

I woke up to the sunlight from my blinds blinding me. As I stretched and yawn I was confused on why my alarm didn't go off. When I looked it was 7:30. I completely panicked. I didn't want to be late. This would be my first time late in 3 years. I quickly jumped out of bed heading to the bathroom. In the process I ended up falling and hitting my head on the hard wooden floors. I quickly picked myself up and turned the shower on. I stripped quick and washed up fast. After 10 minutes I got out.

        I went into my room and dried off quick. I threw on my undergarments and applied quick lotion on me. I went into my closet and pulled out some highwaist acid washed shorts with a white crop top that says 'Beauty Is Me'. I pulled out my white sneaker wedges and quickly got a white headband from up top my closet. I went to my couch and got my mini bookbag. I grabbed everything I needed. I went downstairs and looked at the clock on the wall. It read 7:50 a.m. I quickly went to the fireplace and kissed Jaz'Marie and Jaz'Maria's rosary beads. I grabbed my bag and my keys and headed towards the door.

          I hopped into my car and started the engine. I took every short cut I new. By the time I parked it was 8:00. I put my head on the steering wheel. I was officially late now. I grabbed my bag and locked my car. I rushed to the building to Kelly's front desk. She looked up at me and laughed. I was completely confused by her sudden outburst. She finally started to explain herself. "Wow perfect Ms.Sylvia is finally loosening up. First she smiles and now she's late. I've rubbed off on you haven't I?" I chuckled at her remark. "I have no time for this Kelly I'm late and I have a job to do and you know this," I said speeding her up. "Alrighty Ms.Sylvia," she said mocking me, " you can have your work computer and key card." She went to the back and got my laptop and key card. I thanked her and rushed to the elevator. I swiped and the doors opened. I pressed the 21st floor and waited for the elevator to stop. The doors opened and I rushed to Mr.Lopez's office without dropping anything. I swiped my card and walked in.

       "Your late."I heard a very deep and manly voice say as I entered the room. I completely froze. I was nervous. I thought I might get into trouble for being late but then he finished his sentence. " Are you okay?" The intense pressure in my chest eased up. " I'm fine Mr.Lopez.  I'm sorry for being late I over slept." He was looking out of his office window. He always seems to be in deep thought when I see him alone. He turned around. "This is unlike you. Are you sure your ok?" My cheeks flushed red. He was so caring at this moment that he made me blush. "I'm good, promise."I gave him a nervous smile and he smiled back. He went back to staring out the window.

       I went inside of my office and sat my things down on my desk. Things are starting to get better for me. I didn't want to believe it but it was true. My doctor said when I found something or someone to make me smile and happy my depression would lessen until it completely goes away. I think this is the turning point she was talking about. It's about time to cause it's been 3 long years for me. I opened my computer and and logged onto my work account. I checked me and Mr.Lopez's schedule for the day. We have one meeting and it is at 3:00 in the afternoon.

     What am I suppose to do with all that time on my hands? I stared at my computer thinking of things to keep me busy. Then it finally hit me! I should confront Mr.Lopez on why he was crying. If I find out why maybe that will make my mind go at ease. But how would I do this? Now this question was burning thru my skull. Something inside of me just made me get up and walk into his office.

       He was sitting in his office chair doing sketches for something inside of his sketch book. He was so concentrated that I didn't want to disturb his peace but little did he know he was disturbing mine. I decided on walking up to him but something else took the wheel instead.