12

Lukas's Pov:

I quickly followed the doctor until we were in a small deserted hallways.

"Mr. Kane, I assume you know that Miss Dawson kidneys are failing." I slowly nodded as the sinking feeling in my gut expanded. "Miss Dawson had to be put into a medical induced coma because her kidney had completely failed and her system went into sepsis. We need to get her into surgery as soon as possible. This is life and death for Miss Dawson.." I swallowed the lump in my throat as tears welled up in my eyes. The day we were all hoping we could avoid hit us like a rock. Reality came crashing down and I only had one option. I couldn't let Frankie die, I had to confront Rian.

"Give me a .. Give me one minute to go talk to the one person who can donate t...to her." I choked.

"You mean Mr. Dawson is here?" He asked in surprise as she looked at her reports.

"Yea.. But he doesn't know anything so I need to go talk to him.." I said before quickly running back towards the waiting room.

"Rian, you need to come with me." I spoke in a quiet and low tone. He quickly got up and we walked out to the parking lot.

"Is she okay?... Will she be okay?" He asked quickly. I could hear the desperation in his voice for her to be okay. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

Fear slowly kicked into my veins. How was he gonna react? Was he gonna let her die? Was he gonna help her but hold it over her head? I didn't know what his reaction was and that's what scared me the most.

"Rian there's something you need to know. You can't get mad at Frankie or anyone else. Okay?" I asked as I opened my eyes and looked at him. He slowly nodded. His face held a million different emotions. Sadness. Confusion. Depseration. "The thing is...." I froze not realizing how to tell him. My fear was choking me out.

"What is it?" He asked. I had to quickly  think about how to bring the topic up.

"I'm just gonna say it. Frankie is your little sister that ran away 20 years ago. She hasn't told you because she didn't want you to look at her any differently then you have so far on tour. Now I know your probably upset and pissed but right now she needs you because her kidney completely failed and sent her body into sepsis. She's dying as we speak Rian. There's only one person who can help her..and... and its you!" I yelled quickly as tears ran down my face. His face changed and showed that he knew exactly what he had to do and his facial expression sparked hope inside me.

"Now is not the time to be playing jokes Lukas!" He growled at me. Fear filled my body. Was Frankie right all along? Is he about to reject her?

"I'm not joking Rian.." I choked as tears filled my eyes. "That small woman in the OR right now is your biological sister and she needs you to save her!" I cried. His face dropped into sudden realization.

"Get me to the doctor now!" He said sternly as he pushed the words past the lump in his throat.

I ran into the hospital and through the hallways with Rian right on my tail until we ran into the doctor.

"This is Frankie's brother Rian." I told the doctor out of breath as I tried to stop myself from crying.

"Good. Mr. Dawson please follow me quickly!" The doctor said. Rian looked between me and the doctor.

"Thank you for taking care of my b..baby sister." Rian said to me as he choked back his cries before following the doctor into another room.

I walked back into the waiting room with my head held low as tears ran down my face like a river.

"What happened? Where's Rian?" Alex jumped up asking as soon as I started to walk past everyone. I didn't want to be here right now. The smell of antibacterial supplies was making me nauseous, the stress and fear was chewing me alive and I knew as much as I wanted too, I could not sit in that waiting room.