13

Frankie's Pov:

My whole body was numb and cold. I could hear everything around me, I could feel a pain in my side that made me want to hiss. But I couldn't move. I couldn't open my eyes. I couldn't do anything.

Did I die?

"Rian is asking about her still." I heard someone whisper faintly. Fear ravaged my body. Did I die? If I did then what am I hearing and why am I still in pain? I thought death was quiet and painless? It was the first time around..

"Let him know that she should be waking up soon. We'll let him know when its a better time for him to talk to her." Someone else responded. I could hear the door squeak open and closed as someone walked away.

"Frankie, please wake up. Its been 2 weeks. We all miss you." Someone murmured as a warmth filled my hand. Suddenly the warmth started to spread up my arm and ravage my body. As soon as it came though, it went away leaving me cold. "Our fans miss you. Jack keeps coming in with ice cream for you. He always eats it but I'm sure he'll be happy when you'll eat it instead of him." I could hear a low chuckle.
I wanted to scream as I realized I didn't die. I'm still alive which means someone confronted Rian for me. What is Rian gonna think? Will he run and leave me or will he be happy and stay?

"I wish you would wake up. I miss you so much. My nights aren't the same without us goofing around before we go to bed. Or when you get cold at night and you come into my room and just snuggle under my blankets besides me and waking up early to make me breakfast to make up for you taking my body heat." I now knew it was Lukas talking since he was the only one I do any of that with.

Slowly the warmth returned and a strong tingly feeling covered my fingers. I managed to twitch my fingers in order to stop the feeling but it wasn't working.

"Frankie?! Oh my god. You're finally waking up!" Lukas spoke to himself. I could hear the tears behind his voice. "Take it slow little one. Can you move your fingers again?" I slowly tried to stop the pins and needles feeling. It didn't feel like I was doing anything. I felt like something was blocking me. Lucas said I moved but I didn't feel it. I felt mentally and physically paralyzed.

Lukas's Pov:

Her fingers slowly and faintly moved around my hand. Tears ran down my face in happiness. "Take it slow." I kept repeating softly as he heart rate would pick up every now and then.

Suddenly I heard a faint hum which caused me to smile. Just then the door opened. Before the person could say anything I took my other hand and raised my finger up to silence them.

"You're almost there Frankie. You're doing great." I told her and her grip on my hand became a little stronger. Her eyes still haven't opened and she's only been able to move her fingertips slightly but I had faith.

"Frankie, It's Sam. Remember when we all moved in together. Remember how afraid and timid you were. You learned to break through the glass slowly and at your pace until you were comfortable in the house and around us. This is just like then. Take your time sweetie." Same murmured. She hummed again as she tried to say something.

Suddenly her eyes started to slowly open. I motioned Sam to the light switch behind him and he nodded before dimming the lights. Her eyes opened a little more and closed. She was officially waking up. My free hand covered my mouth as more tears fell from my eyes.

She made it.

Rian saved his baby sister.

Her eyes were fully opened now and closing but you could still see the daze on her face. It's almost as if she just woke up from a long nap, which technically she did. She gently pulled her hand from mine and stared at it with half opened eyes as she opened and closed her hand.

"Wh-Where am....Where am I?" She asked half coherently.

"You're at the hospital. Wake up a little bit and everything will be explained." Sam whispered softly. She nodded and closed her eyes again before rolling onto her one side that wasn't operated on and pulled the blanket closer to her body.

"Aaaand she's back asleep." Sam laughed lightly. I was perfectly fine with that. I was fine with knowing she's back asleep and will wake up when she feels ready. I was fine with knowing that her vitals are doing really good and knowing that she was as healthy as she can be at the given  moment. I was okay with what was happening around me right now.

"Yea. But at least we know she's awake from the surgery and coma. Let's let her sleep." I whisperes as I moved some stray hairs off her face. "I have to talk to Rian. Can you let everyone on the bus know?" He nodded and we both kissed Frankie's forehead before walking out of her room and going seperate ways.

"Can I come in?" I asked from the open doorway of Rian's room. He was only 4 rooms down from Frankie's so it made it very convenient.

"Yea, of course Luke." He said with a smile as he locked his phone and set it on his lap. He was doing really well too. He was healing phenomenally according to the doctors and he couldn't wait for his little sister to wake up.

"How you feeling buddy?" I asked as I took the seat next to his bed.

"It actually doesn't hurt that bad but then again I'm sure I'm only saying that because of the medicine they put me on." He joked.

"So I actually came here bearing news for you." As soon as the words left my mouth he sat up straighter. "Frankie briefly woke up." As soon as he said that I had to place my hand on his chest to keep him from jumping up to see her. "Hold on Rian. I said breifly woke up. She woke up, looked at her hand as she opened and closed it, asked where she was then rolled over and fell back asleep." I explained.

"But she's alright? Right?" I nodded with a smile.

"Yup. This morning the doctor said her vitals are way better then what they have been and her body is having a positive reaction to your kidney." His smile widened and his eyes grew wet with tears of happiness. All he wanted was to have his little sister and he finally has her back.

"I'm really glad to hear that. I don't know what I would have done if it didn't." The room was filled with a moment of silence.

"Rian..." I started. "I just wanted to say thank you for saving Frankie's life. She's made such a huge impact on all of our lives and I don't know what would happen if you weren't here."

"For Frankie I would do anything for. Even if she wasn't my sister and I was a kidney match I would have helped her because she's such a beautiful smart girl that will do great things in life. I couldn't be the one to deny the world the right to get to know her like I have over the last few weeks.." He cut himself off and went quiet for a brief moment. "Hey Luke??"

"Hmm?" I responded.

"Is there something between you and my sister... Like romantic wise?" He asked sternly yet jokingly.

"I can say at the moment no. But I can't make any promises later on in life." I answered truthfully.

"Just treat her right. I don't know what happened after she met you guys but before her life was rough. That's all I beg is that you treat her like your life depends on it."

"I will Rian. You can only drop a diamond so many times before it breaks.."