TWO

I woke up to a loud buzz on the loud speaker. "Morning Lyric and Amelia! It's time to get up! Who knows maybe today is your lucky day!" said Mrs.Lazlo. Mrs.Lazlo always had faith in adoption. She believed that there was a good home for every child. Amelia Lynn Morocco is my wonderful roommate. Amelia didn't believe in adoption. She saw it as "useless, either a home is dangerous or they want a young child." "Morning Amelia." I said. "Morning Lyric!" Amelia said. After I got up I brushed my teeth but was having troubler brushing my hair. "Here, I'll do the braids you liked." Amelia laughed and crouched down to be to be on my level. She did these two braids that were really really pretty! "Pretty braids for a pretty girl." She smiled and gave me a big hug. I walked over to my closet and took out a blue dress with daises on it. I then sat and waited for a call. 

Amelia didn't seem to care, she wasn't even dressed. "Amelia? Why aren't you dressed?" I asked. "Well Lyric, I'm getting old and no one wants an old person like me, they want a young toddler or baby or child. Like you Ly." She told me, her eyes were very red and watery.  Amelia was right, she was old. She was 10.  "Can we please have Lyric Farrow and Samantha Farrìe come to the adoption room." Mrs.Greyson spoke on the loud speaker in her airy voice. I squealed and ran down the steps. This is it! "Girls! This is Connor Franta and Sam Pottorff." Mrs. Greyson said. Wow! They were very tall, kinda scary.  

"Hello Mr.Franta and Mr.Pottorff I'm Samantha Farrìe. I'm 6 years old. Pleasure to meet you." Samantha said. Pshh, why is she always so posh? She has such  high voice, she sounds like a mouse almost.  "Hello Samantha." Connor said, crouching down to her hight. "Hello Mr.Pottorff and Mr.Franta I'm Lyric Farrow. I'm 6 years old." I said. "Well, hello Lyric." Sam said crouching down to me and smiling. "Ok girls, tell Mr. Franta and Mr.Pottorff a little about yourselves." Mrs.Greyson said. "I'll go first!" Samantha said. "I like to draw and dance. My favorite color is pink and my favorite show is Jessie on Disney. I adore puppies! I'm also french and I speak it too. C'est tout merci au revoir!" Samantha said. "Wow! That is pretty cool!" Mr.Franta said to her. "Your turn Lyric." Mrs.Greyson nodded me on. "Well, I can't speak another language, but I can sing and act. I really love music and to take pictures. My favorite color is blue and I don't watch TV, I make up dances. There not too good but thats okay." I laughed. "That is very cute." Sam smiled. 

"Mr. Franta and Mr.Pottorff you two can make you're choice and get back to us. Girls you can go back upstairs." Mrs.Greyson said. I waved goodbye and smiled, Samantha saying something in french. We both walked out and she tripped me. "Well? How was it?" Amelia asked. "It was okay." I said. She came over and gave me a hug. A little while later I found out they chose Samantha and I cried in Amelia's arms for the rest of the night.