Chapter Thirteen

"You did what?" He shouted as he forced his son's body into a standing position. It was painfully slow, but he was furious. He could not even fathom what was going through his oldest child's mind. How dare his oldest son do such a ludicrous thing? He forced his way over to the two Demon Kings, swaying and stumbling. It was a miracle that he was able to do such a thing, given the current events of his youngest son, Yuri's son, being paralyzed from the waist down. He gripped the collar of his oldest son's atrocious outfit and brought him down to eye level. "How dare you use my youngest son, your youngest brother as a pawn?" He was livid at the decisions that Samael had made.

  "Fath-Father, you ... you shouldn't be standing. You're going to ... um, hurt his spinal cord even more so and risk him to be permanently paralyzed." The King of Time never had been this afraid of the runt, but his father didn't care in what body he was in, he would give you hell. The good thing was that he cared for his sons, so when he was told this, he let Mephisto to help him into a seat. He bowed to his father, apologizing for his decision and his actions. Amaimon stayed in the background, not wanting to do anything that'll upset their father further than he already was. "But I had to make sure that the Vatican wouldn't kill him because of you being his father. I had to make plans for him to be seen as loyal to them while trying to make sure that he was killed and he hasn't made it any easier than I had hoped."

  "Free spirited," said Satan as if that would answer everything. "He is like the fire that burns within him. He doesn't like being restrained and would consume everything in his way to reach a goal. He can't be stopped unless something more powerful forces him to." Satan hummed as he crossed his arms, leaning back against the back of the chair. He seemed to be thinking of something. He needed his son to be in Gehenna, how else would they train him to be the future king of Gehenna? "Keep training him. Make sure that he is ready to wield his flames. I don't care how you do it, but by the blood moon, I want my son in Gehenna safe and sound."

  The blue flames died down, the boy's demonic features went back to normal. The only problem now was the streak of white in the boy's dark hair.

* * *

The following morning, Rin was sent to back to the dorms. Mephisto explained that whatever feeling he had, should be gone by today. If anything happens, he was told to tell either a friend of his or Yukio. Rin stayed in the kitchen, speaking to Ukobach when Yukio came down and found him. The first thing that he noticed was the white streak in his brother's hair, wanting to know what had happened but decided to ask Mephisto instead. Maybe he knew what happened to his brother's hair, not to mention the fact that he needed to know what was wrong with him. He bid his brother a good morning and ate the breakfast prepared for him, thanking Ukobach. "Yukio, what did you tell the teachers?"

  "Huh?" His teal irises showed his confusion  as he looked up from checking his bag.

  "What excuse did you give the teachers for my absences?"

  Yukio bit his lip as he tried to figure out what to say exactly. He didn't really tell them much, his excuse being vague. "You got into a car accident which caused paralyzation and just yesterday, you came down with a terrible case of the flu, so you'll probably be out for this week as well. I'll bring your homework today and I'll help you with it, okay?"

Rin nodded slowly, thinking that it was a good cover up since the fact that he could actually go along with it. After all, half truths were his strong suit. He couldn't lie worth shit. He could give half truths as long as he could basically back it up. "Okay," he said, tapping the table. He hadn't cooked once these days and it was messing with him. He needed to cook but because of his blindness he couldn't. Yukio wouldn't listen to him at all, wanting him to just work on healing.

  "I have to go now. Goodbye, Rin. I'll come back before Cram, okay?" He got a nod of affirmation before heading out of the building and headed to the school. . In the middle of the quad, he was met with two people. He knew them to be Rin's friends who were from his regular school classes. He didn't know much about them, just what little his brother had told him. He barely ever heard of his brother even mention them to him, and he guessed from the way they looked, Rin believed that he wouldn't approve of them. Sort of correct since he had a troubling feeling when it came to them. "Oh, hello."

  The ebony haired boy of the two smiled and waved at him, not saying much as he looked at the girl with white hair. From what he knew, his name was Saske Hamada. The girl's name was Aiko Hamada—his adoptive sister—but she went by the nickname Karma. Yukio didn't understand where the whole Karma nickname came from but he didn't really question it. He noticed that the boy, Saske, had a concerned look on his face. "Is Rin okay? I heard what happened and wanted to know how he was doing with it. You're roommates, so we believed it was best to ask you."

  Run! Run and don't look back at them. "Ah, well, he's fine. It was hard for him at first, but slowly getting better." Stop standing there and leave! Don't be around them. Protect Rin. Yukio smiled and looked at his watch, feeling quite awkward speaking to them. He did not understand why he felt such a way, but he did. It was his instincts that were telling him to run and never look back, but that would make it seem suspicious. It's not that he didn't like them, it was more that every time he made eye contact with them or was near them, every nerve in his body would tell him to get away from them. "We should get to class now." He quickly walked off after bidding them farewell, deciding to go to Mephisto after his regular classes. He was going to get answer whether the stupid clown liked it or not.

  He was not happy with Mephisto, especially with the fact that he never gave him any answers, and he would get them this time. He was going to get his way this time by any means necessary.

Yeah, the 2 ocs—groan. Don't worry. They won't really be in the story much. Just once in a while, background characters. No romance will happen between any of them, so yeah...