Deceit (Brant)

The door flung open, startling Brant as his eyes shot back open. Spencer came back with a wicked smile on his face that sent shivers down his spine, but he sat up regardless. "Hey Brant, sorry to wake you, I had another chance to try and woe Jeff." He calmly shut the door behind him and started for his desk. "I failed miserably, but I think it was the beginning of progress!" He said as he sat down and began to spin around happily in his chair. " Hey, I know I told you that you might not like it here at Ashford, but if you really want to stay here, I've got a spare bed you can crash on!"

"It's no problem man." Brant answered, rubbing his eyes as sleep drifted away. "Thank you for the offer, but I don't think this is the place for me. I want to find my Jeffy as soon as possible. I'll check in with Cassy before I go and see if I can get anything out of her. If not, I'll go and tour another campus." Brant explained, pulling his blanket up onto his lap and slowly beginning to stand up. "Thank you for the offer though!" He answered as he extended his arms and pulled the blanket taunt. Shaking it softly, a bunch of dirt and bits fell from the blanket giving a disgusting taste in his mouth. "Hey, I don't mean to be weird, but, do you mind if I get your phone number before I go? I feel like if I have any questions about this place, you would know better than that Cassy chick. She talks with this fake enthusiasm sometimes that makes me cringe." He shuddered as he folded the blanket into a small square and squatted back down to shove it into his duffle he had used as a pillow.

Spencer reached into his pocket and grabbed his phone, then started to roll his chair towards Brant, his grin growing wider. "I'd be happy to text you!" A small sigh escaped his lips as he came to an almost dramatic stop. "I think we might have a problem though."

Brant looked up concerned as he finished stuffing the blanket into the bag. "What's wrong?"

"Well..." Spencer started, looking at Brant with another more audible sigh. "I've been thinking about this since you told me you were dating a Jeff. I think that your Jeff, and my Jeff might be one in the same guy..."

"Really!" Brant gawked at the doorway. "Let's go talk to him then, I can't wait to see him again!" He exclaimed, dropping the blanket and letting the bag hold most of it in place.

"Well, see that's the problem..." Spencer continued, scooting a little closer to him. "I saw him kissing some other guy today... I asked him about you, and he recognized the name, but he said that he had moved on. He also said that he didn't want to see you." Spencer looked at the ground and closed his eyes, forcing a cough. "I tried to tell him you were desperately looking for him, but all he said was to piss off."

"No," Brant denied, feeling a pit in the base of his stomach growing bigger by the second. "That can't be my Jeff then, he promised he would wait for me!" Brant looked at Spencer, his eyes beginning to quiver. "Are you sure this was my Jeff? Compact face, blond hair, deep ocean blue eyes you could just drown in, and a look that gives the impression like he just spilled his soda on his new shirt."

"That's the one," Spencer agreed, putting his hands down at his side, the phone with it. "He was pressing up against some poor guy, then the other guy's boyfriend came over. The dude practically exploded and threatened to would kill Jeff if the smaller man were ever too close again!"

"No..." Brant choked, glaring at the duffle bag as pain starting to well up inside him, and the pit in his stomach grew to a boulder. "That can't be my Jeff. He's shy and reserved and..." Brant paused to take a deep breath. "He wouldn't ever kiss anybody except for me!" He blurted out before looking over at Spencer. The feeling of dread began to build up as he studied Spencer. A feeling of unsettling confidence broke through the crushing weight of pain as he reached for his bag and finished packing it. "I want to see him, can we go to him now?"