Noman

The moment I first set my eyes upon you, I knew there was something special between us. 

As years passed by, I began to fall more in love with everything about you. Your eyes, your lips, your smile, your laughter, your clumsiness, your perpetual beauty. 

I love you so so much.

-

Red hot flames roared to life as they scorched the earth around the seething mage; the sound of the fire crackling stung the air.

"You can't fool me twice." Jungkook glowered darkly at the blank-faced male in front of him.

"...What a pity," the impostor says, his mouth folding into a curt smile, "I was looking forward to seeing your betrayed, pained face at the sight of your own lover killing you."

Another spike of rage shot through Jungkook as he clenched his fists, the flames around him ignited into furious towers. "Who are you, and why are you doing this? What did we ever to do you?"

Jimin's impostor leaned on one leg and brought a finger up to his lips. He wore a psychotic expression that didn't suit Jimin's usual, peaceful face. 

Jungkook hated it. 

"My name is Noman, and I am not human. I am a shapeshifter who seeks to hurt and to break humans." At that, his eyes gleamed viciously, making Jungkook feel sick in the stomach. "I have the power to make one suffer by breaching their minds and torturing their mental state until they can't take it anymore."

"But why us?" Jungkook asked loudly. 

The shapeshifter grinned and shrugged like he wasn't so sure himself. "Because it's fun, of course. The stronger the bond, the more entertaining it is to break. I love challenges."

"You're horrible!" Jungkook shouted over the roaring flames. "It's because of you that all of this is happening, isn't it?! It's because of you that we're having a war!"

Then, a stream of flames grazed past them, and Jungkook could see the impostor even clearer. He tensed at the bitter look on his face, the anger and envy that flickered within the flames of his pupils.

"I was jealous."

Suddenly, all sound was muted, and all Jungkook could hear was the bitterness in the other's voice.

"Not once in my entire life was I ever close to anybody. Not once in my life had I been someone who meant so much to another. Not once in my life had I a bond so great like yours and Jimin's. I couldn't help it when I saw you two. I wanted to break you apart, so you can suffer like me. I didn't want to be alone."

Jungkook's eyes widened as he listened. 

"No one ever gave me a chance. No one ever listened to what I had to say."

Pictures of people screaming and running from a faceless man ran hazily in Jungkook's head. Every time he blinked, he could see the man walking around aimlessly, trying to make friends - only to make more enemies. He could see women screaming and hiding their children. He could see men throwing rocks and shooting guns at the cowering figure. 

"So I decided to take revenge on this human race. I decided the only way they'll acknowledge me is by fearing me. The only person who accepted me for who I am was Daesung, the king of the Anarchs. He took me in, and in return, I became his weapon. We rely on each other, so together, we will win this war and take over your kingdom."

Noman...

"Park Jimin became a big nuisance to our plans, so I decided he needed to be punished. He's too powerful and important to be released from imprisonment. We need to keep him close so he wouldn't interfere."