Chapter 3

"Why can't they stay with us?!" I asked.

"You know damn well I don't like Erik!" Yelled Dallas. He turned to close the bedroom door.

"It will only be a few weeks honey, they have nothing." I said calmly. Dallas was silent for a moment. It seemed like hours passed before he turned to look at me.

"Four weeks," was all he had said. He turned and walked out the bedroom calmly. I gave Erik a call and told him it would be o.k. To stay with us.

"Thank you Alivia but we are perfectly fine with my parents," said Erik.

"So I got in an argument for nothing?" I asked.

"It appears so. But thanks for the concern Alivia, goodnight." Said Erik calmly before he ended the call. I sighed and put the phone down gently on the night stand before I turned for the door to get Dallas. When I went down the stairs I found him on the couch watching the news. I couldn't quite hear the woman on the t.v. But it didn't sound good. I took another step down to hear.

"The entire factory was set in flames releasing a toxic gas that appears to be killing the sick. We request that everybody leave the city." Said the women.

"Baby what's going on?" I asked worriedly.

"We need to go," said Dallas concerned.

"Go where?!" I asked.

"We will figure that out later. Wake up Jenesa and grab only necessities." Said Dallas.

"Baby what's going on?!" I yelled.