Chapter 10

It has been almost forty eight hours since we had left home. We were in the middle of nowhere with very little water and food.

"I know your not going to be happy with this. But we need to stop in the next town we see." Said Dallas. I didn't want to stop. I wanted to go somewhere safe.

"We need more food ad water. Plus if we keep going we are going to run out of fuel and were fucked." Dallas said convincingly. I was angry but he was right. I nodded and sunk down in my seat. Several hours later we arrived in a small town I believe in Utah. We pulled into a gas station.

"Sweetheart you stay in the truck," I said to Jenesa. She looked upset but nodded. I grabbed my now and a pocket knife Dallas had given me.

"Let's fuel up the truck first. Then we can go inside." I said. Dallas nodded his head and got out of the truck after grabbing his hand gun. I walked around the truck meeting Dallas near the pump.

"Where are we?" I asked curiously.

"Somewhere in Utah. Not sure where exactly," Dallas said. After the truck was full we began walking towards the entrance to the abandoned gas station.

"Try not to make any noise. And stay by me." Dallas said before we entered. I nodded and opened the door. We walked in with Dallas a few inches ahead of me. We looked around as we slowly moved in and out of the isles. He tossed me an empty back pack.

"Grab as much as you can. I'll stand guard." He said. I nodded and starting grabbing chips, water, medical kits and some candy for Jenesa. "This will cheer her up," I thought. I turned around to signal Dallas. But he was gone.

"Baby?" I whispered moving towards the entrance in case I needed to make an escape.

"Baby where are you?" I silently shouted. Suddenly a loud crash came from the back. I loaded my bow and headed towards the noise.

"Baby?" I whispered as I peaked around the corner. A zombie was on his knees eating a dead carcass that I prayed wasn't Dallas. I looked closer and saw that it wasn't thankfully. The zombie looked up and I quickly moved behind the stand. It hadn't seen me thank god. But I had to find Dallas. I took a deep breath before I ran towards the creature. I ripped the pocket knife out of my belt and stabbed the creature repeatedly in the head. When the creature went limp I stood up and yelled for Dallas.

"Dallas where the fuck did you go?!" I yelled. Suddenly he wrapped his strong arms around my waist and whispered in my ear.

"See? Your not a wimp." He said with a laugh. I pushed him away.

"You asshole! You scared the shit out of me! Don't disappear like that again or ill-" before I could finish scolding him he pulled me into a kiss and I wish it would last forever. When the kiss sadly ended he whispered into my ear.

"I love you," he said. I looked into his eyes and gave him a quick kiss before I responded.

"I love you too," I whispered. We walked out of the building and walked to the truck with our hands intertwined. Dallas opened the passenger side door and helped me in. I reached in the bag and grabbed a Hershey bar and handed it back to Jenesa. Her face lightened up as soon as she saw the chocolate.

"Thank you mommy and daddy," she said happily after opening the candy.

"Your welcome sweetheart," me and Dallas had said.

"Now let's go," Dallas said starting the truck engine.