Chapter 6

"Jenesa!!" I yelled as I ran to the kitchen. I reached the kitchen and screamed as loud as I could.

"Mommy, daddy help!!" Jenesa yelled as the "dead" carcass made it's way through the glass sliding door. Before I could move Dallas had grabbed a kitchen knife and ran towards the creature and pushed it's limp body to the ground. I ran towards Jenesa and I healed her in my arms. I looked over my shoulder and saw Dallas standing over the creature which was hopefully dead.

"Jenesa are you o.k?" Dallas asked. Jenesa looked over my shoulder.

"W-what was that?" She asked with a sniffle and her eyes full of tears. Dallas dropped the bloody knife and walked over to us.

"I don't know exactly. A zombie I guess." He said.

"I can't beleive it. I- I'm sorry baby," I said scaredly. Dallas picked me up off the ground and reached for Jenesa. He held her in his arms as she burrierd her face into his strong chest.

"We need to go," he said.

He walked out of the kitchen with Jenesa and I just stood there. I was shocked. 'How can this be happening?' I asked myself staring at the rotting carcass. I looked up out the shadderd door. I could see a few more zombies lurking in the shadows. Suddenly a hand landed on my shoulder. I quickly turned to find my husband. Before I could calm myself he quickly kissed me. He kissed me deeply and it was so passionate it made everything seem to disappear. Like it was only me and him. Until he pulled out of the kiss.

"We need to go baby, Jenesa is waiting in-"

"I love you," I said before he could finish.

"I love you to baby," he said happily.

He put his hand around my waist and walked me to the truck. He even opened the truck door for me. Even in the worst of times he could be a gentleman. I climbed into the black truck and buckled in as he started the engine.