Chapter 18

As Dallas carried me down the dark hallway to the dinning room I couldn't help but think "why are we even trying?"

"Baby are you ok?" Dallas asked looking concerned. I really didn't know how to answer that. I was torn and I couldn't be happy yet I couldn't be upset. I couldn't make things harder for Dallas. So all I could do is nod. He pushed through I giant wooden door that lead to a dinning room. The dinning room was a huge dark room with a double sized fire place at the end of I giant redwood table. In a seat closest to the fire was my little angel Jenesa.

"Mommy!! Daddy!!!" Jenesa yelled excitedly while climbing out of the wooden chair. Dallas set me down in the nearest chair and picked up Jenesa. He swung her in his strong arms and planted a strong kiss on her small cheek.

"How's my little princess?" Dallas asked lovingly while holding her in his arms. Jenesa giggled before saying "I love you daddy." Dallas then set her down and she ran over to me.

"Hi sweetheart," I said holding my arms out to her. Suddenly Jenesa stopped as she noticed my bandaged leg and bloody top. She looked scared.

"What happened to mommy?" She asked confused looking back to her father.

"Goodmorning!" Luke said barging into the room. Once he noticed everyone was here he brought in a young man and a little girl that looked about Jenesas age.

"Everyone I would like to introduce my brother calub." He said pointing at the man. Calub looked about twenty with black hair and blue eyes and he was well built.

"Hello, nice to meet you all," he said kindly.

"And this is his daughter, Alice." Luke said pointing at the young girl. She has long golden curls and she was simply beautiful. She hid behind her fathers legs awkwardly.

"Hello, I'm Dallas. This is my wife Alivia and my daughter Jenesa." Dallas said picking up Jenesa.

"I'm sorry, we never fully met," Luke said walking over to me.

"Yea the last time I saw you a bullet went through my leg." I stated with a glare. A big grin spread across his face as he looked at the ground.

"Yea I'm sorry about that. But I've seem to repay you by saving you and your family." He said looking me in the eyes.

"Seems you have, but I still don't trust you." I say looking up to him. Luke was well built as well and he had a strong British accent. But something about him just wasn't right.

"Let's eat," Dallas said breaking the awkward silence. He took a seat next to me and passed me a plate. There was a plate of pancakes and bacon on the table and we began to eat. Silent glares and looks were passed throughout breakfast. "Hopefully things workout," I said to myself.