05

"Let's go out, Julien."

The shepherd only tilted his head slightly at the sound of Tony's voice, looking up at the man's face. The dog was lying down next to Stark.

Pepper initially wasn't very fond of the animal being allowed on the couch. Tony won the argument by saying "What if I need the dog on the couch? The trainer said dogs help with panic attacks."

That was a bullshit lie and they both knew it. Nonetheless, it worked and Tony now spends most of his time beside Julien on the sofa.

That is until he realized how utterly boring it can be to sit around all day.

He couldn't see much at all, the doctors say it could worsen into total blindness and here he was sitting on a sofa, looking at nothing in particular.

This was bullshit.

He was going to get the hell out of this compound even if it was only for a few fleeting moments.

The billionare stood up, his head not totally killing him as violently as it used to.

Julien hopped off the couch and was at Tony's side the moment the man stood.

Tony called for the dog to grab his harness which was on the coffee table just ahead of them.

It had been 2 weeks since Rhodey stopped by with the woman who trained Julien, so he had some what of an understanding about seeing eye dogs.

The sheperd held the harness up against Tony's outstretched hand. The man grabbed onto the accessory, moving his hand in front of him with little force.

The object made a clicking noise as Tony signalled the dog.

Julien stepped into his brown harness, his tongue lolling out the side of his head as he did so.

They headed off towards the door, before Tony heard footsteps behind.

"I could have sworn you were asleep in the other room. Friday?" He turned to face Rhodes.

"Sorry boss." The A.I. spoke.

"I can't let you go, man. Do you want the press find out about this?" Rhodey had his hands stuffed in his pockets which were on his pants, which were on his paralyzed legs, which were in braces, which allowed him to walk.

Tony winced. His mind could be real brutal at times.

Rhodey believed it was because of the topic of the press.

"So what if the press find out? I'm surprised the secret was kept up for this long." Tony recovered.

There was a beat of silence and Tony could make out Rhodey's expression of contemplation.

"Besides, my vision might be totally lost in a matter of months. Let me see things while I still can." Tony was turning on the sad remarks. Rhodes would most definitely agree to it now.

"Fine... Pepper won't like this."

Stark had a small and short silent victory, before nodding his head in the direction of the elevator.

"Let's go, sourpatch."

He had Julien lead him to the doors, standing there for a moment before he decidedly grabbed the pair of aviator sunglasses clipped onto his shirt and putting them on.