16

Though it being incredibly incidental, James and Tony watched a vast amount of movies. From small budget indies, to big production blockbusters, it was wide-ranging.

"Hey,"

James hummed tiredly in response.

"You ever think about how hot Patrick Swayze is in this? Cus' I think about it... a lot, in fact."

"That's the third time you've said that." Bucky ran a weighted hand across his face with a heaved sigh.

"Interesting," Tony's eyes narrowed in doubting scrutiny at the assassin's statement.

"I have a question for you now." Bucky mumbled lowly.

"Shoot. Wait, don't do that."

"You ever think we should go to sleep?"

Tony feigned thoughtfulness before winking, looking incredibly restless for having been awake for hours on end.
"No. Besides, you never answered my question." He said flatly with a grin.

"Yes, I think about how hot he is. I think he may be the only reason I want to keep on living in this century." Bucky stated flatly.

Tony scoffed before leaning back, Julien making a whine/yawn to his right.
"Unbelievable. I thought I was that reason."

"Your dog is a close second."

Bucky's eyes smiled at Tony's look of udder disbelief and betrayal before the billionaire turned to the German Shepherd beside him, berating him in a hilariously serious one-way conversation.

That was the difference between Tony and Steve. His war buddy would have been uncomfortable with such dark humor while Tony loved it. The philanthropist himself thrived off of dark or ironic jokes.

Tony was busy wrestling with Julien to notice the burning gaze on the back of his head. There was a shout of "Get your filthy hands of me, you damned dirty dog!" while the shepherd playfully grumbled. Tony toppled over after the dog literally pushed him before jumping off the couch with a wag of his tail.

Tony's head and shoulders, of course, had to land on James' lap. He was tilted to the side slightly to where they easily made eye contact. The billionaire huffed with incredibly genuine laughter. The assassin's expression held no signs of emotion, as it often did.

Tony had a sparkle in his whiskey eyes Bucky was sure he hadn't seen in full effect like it did in that instance.

It felt like a millennium of silence but he was sure it must have only been a few seconds.

"I hope I can make your life in this century a happy one too."

It was a sheepish mumble. Something that would have been difficult to catch if he wasn't a super soldier.

"You do."

It was a few moments before the soldier rested his elbows on his thighs, allowing both of his hands to entangle themselves in Tony's hair before he leaned down. Their noses were mere inches away as ice gray met caramel brown.

James didn't wait, pressing his mouth softly to the corner of Tony's. It wasn't feather soft for someone such as the Winter Soldier had to show a bit of strength in whatever he did.

He pulled away all to quickly for his liking, but remained close. Their noses being an inch away from another.

Tony only raises his head slightly, there noses touching before he tilted his head slightly. He closed his eyes, letting their foreheads meet. James wrapped his right arm underneath Tony's for his hand to hold the back of the billionaire's neck. His left kept it's place in gorgeous brown hair as Tony heaved a small sigh of content.

No words were needed.

For just that moment they were a united front, one being.

James Buchanan Barnes wasn't much of a poet. He could barely portray his feelings and thoughts into words. But he tried his best.

"I-"

Tony was quiet, eyeing the assassin with both curiosity yet fear of the unknown.

"I want you to know- that you're... loved by me. You- make my life a happy one."

Bucky often never gave way to his emotions nor did he let his face betray them. In this instance, he found it best to. Therefore, he gave a timid smile which Tony was surprised to find that it reached his near sparkling gray eyes.

Tony was hesitant when he reached out his right palm, nearing it towards the rather lengthy stubble Bucky was sporting. The soldier met him halfway, leaning into the touch.

He hoped James understood. Feelings were hard to put into words for him seeing as he had horrendous relationships of both the intimate and platonic type. The last time he said "I love you" in a such a serious matter as that situation intended was platonically with Obie, and intimately with Pepper.

He just hoped James understood. That he'd be patient enough to wait for him.

~

I know it's far too short, but I liked the note it ended on. I hope this is slow burn enough for you guys.
I just couldn't help but have them kiss. It seemed like the perfect time for it.