06

Well, things were finally looking up now that they had gotten outside of the compound.

There was beatiful green grass that Tony was glad he could still somewhat see.

There were a few shadowy figures of trees, which Tony could still find lovely.

Other than that there wasn't too much to see, which made him fairly disappointed. If only he chose a more scenic area of uptown New York to place the compound.

There was still fresh air, which was a huge relief for Tony.

Julien seemed to enjoy it too, his huge tongue lolling out as he padded alongside Stark.

Tony should have definitely pulled this stunt before now considering the fact that he was not only caring for himself, but a dog who seemed very interested in the outside world considering he was now staring intently at a squirrel.

Though like always, Tony was self centered.

He and Julien played an hour long game of fetch, before Tony grew bored.

"I'm ready to go back in." He turned to Rhodey with a small but audible sigh.

Rhodes followed with a short reply.

"Okay."

His best friend then led him on the short walk back to the compound, a comforting silence between them.

Pepper had returned a while later, a small smile adorned her face as she greeted Tony.

The billionaire had given a weak one in return.

He felt like he was pitied.

-•-

This was more of a filler chapter than anything. I'm having huge writer's block. If you have any cool ideas for this, hit me up. I'm dying over here. :/