14

"This goes here?" Tony heard Bucky inquire.

Peter, Ned, Thor, and the master assassin himself were all huddled around a Millennium Falcon Lego set while MJ sat beside them, drawing in her sketchbook.

Tony was sitting next to them with Julien lying down alongside him though not including himself in the conversation like the rest of the group. Loki was sitting next to Julien, reading something he picked up from the compound library. The billionaire took a peek, he wouldn't have known what it was due to his poor vision though he could easily make out the iconic cover of 'The Fault In Our Stars'.

He couldn't help but snort at that.

"What do you think about mortal literature so far, Rudolph?" The mechanic jabbed with a smirk. Loki closed the book and set it on his lap, Tony guessing that the god wasn't too far along in the book.

"Barton claimed this to be the most enlightening piece of literature on Midgard. I'm not entirely sure why I took his word for it." Loki glared though he gave no consequence in the way he spoke or his demeanor. Something like that could have easily angered the god of mischief in the past though he had changed entirely from what had taken place in New York. Now he seemed more inconvenienced than anything.

"Try reading the classics. 'Moby Dick' or 'Crime and Punishment'." MJ suggested, not looking up from her sketching.

"That last one might not be a good idea." Tony raised his hand, index finger pointing at MJ's direction in warning. The teenager only smirked into her hand as she continued to draw with the other.

"Aha, I have constructed Mjolnir!" With Tony's glance, even who could tell how crude the hammer Thor created was.

Ned grimaced as the hammer looked like it was about to topple over, the handle almost unable to hold all the weight. Peter innocently took it from Thor's hammer, holding it out in front of him to inspect it.

"Huh, great job, Thor." He hopped onto his feet, playfully mocking the god by thrusting the hammer into the air. He pretended to throw it, the handle was still in his hand by the end of it though the rest of it went hurtling across the room. It crashed into the wall and thankfully didn't actually go inside the wall.

"Err, sorry?" Peter rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. He grimaced as he reluctantly gave the Lego handle back to Thor.

Rhodey walked in at the right time to witness Thor's pouting face as he grumbled about the Lego hammer. The Colonel let his eyes dance around the room before eyeing Loki. Not by who he was or what he had done but what he was currently doing. The god was still reading the romance novel, more out of boredom than anything.

"Is he—"

"Yes." MJ answered with an amused tone.

"I'm just gonna leave that—" Rhodes' hand gestured to the novel. "alone."

"Good idea. So, what's up?" Tony had his bandaged hand pocketed in hopes that his best friend wouldn't go on a worried tirade.

"I made dinner. Don't know how good it'll taste."

"I'm sure it'll taste amazing, honeybear." The billionaire pushed himself up off the floor, everyone else following suit.

"Mr. Stark, could Ned and MJ spend the night here? It's the weekend and May says it'll be okay." Peter eagerly pleaded once he made his way to the engineer.

The young hero and his Aunt had moved into both the compound and the tower at the insistence of Tony. It was a lot easier to keep them safe that way, more security and protection. It used to be hard to admit but he thinks of them as family.