Chapter 10: Awakening Pt. 3

Riley POV
-next day-

I open my eyes and sit up. "Hmm. Something feels off." I look around and realize I'm back at the Sakamaki household. "Okay..." I get up to go bathroom and quickly glance at the mirror on the way. "......Wait a minute!" I run back and look at my reflection. "WHY ARE MY EYES GOLDEN?!?"

Just then Ayato comes into the room with Shu. "Oh look who is up. Hey tell me, how does it feel to be a vampire?" Ayato asks sarcastically. "I will end you. Shut up." I say as I stare at myself. "Ooo Feisty-Chan is awake I see." Laito says coming in also. "If I'm a vampire how come I can see my reflection?" I ask.

"Cause you are of royalty. Royal vampire blood but not fully." Reiji says pushing up his glasses. "And where did you come from?"  I ask. "The hall. Anyway our suspicions were correct. Riley Despoina. Though I thought the bloodline died off." Reiji announces.

Shu walks up to me and hands me a blood bag. "Drink." I look at the bag then him. "I'm okay." We then have a little stare down before Shu drinks the bag himself. Then we grabs my head and force feeds me the blood, mouth to mouth. I push him off and give him a quick punch to the chest. "What ya wrong with you? I said I didn't want any—"

Third POV
Just then Riley feels a pulsating throughout her body. "I...I don't..." she starts to say as she sways. Just then she vomits blood. Reiji walks towards her to make sure she's okay. "Get...away." Riley pants as she holds her mouth. Reiji didn't listen. "I'm trying to see if you are okay." He states.

"A vampire who can't  drink human blood? That's hilarious!" Ayato laughs.  As he's laughing Reiji comes flying towards him. "Woah!" Ayato shouts and dodged him. "Uh-Oh. Feisty-Chan getting a little violent I see." Laito says looking at Riley.

Riley POV
Did I just do that? I look at my hand in amazement. Just then I coughed up more blood. Something isn't right. They also fed me blood the second time but I was okay. I start to think more but then Ayato shows up behind and tries to restrain me. I do quick turn around kick to his side which also sends him flying. Yep. Definitely have to be a vampire with this superhuman strength and speed.

Just as Laito and Shu were about to go on the offense, I quickly raise my hand. "....okay...listen here I don't....don't have the strength..... to be fighting you guys... nor do ......I want to. I'm just..... in panic mode." I roughly explain. Fatigue finally catching up with my body I slump down.

"Now that it's settle, I think I know what the problem is." Reiji says still patting off the dust. "You me the reason she can't drink blood?" Ayato asks. "Yes. It's be—" "Because she is part of the royal pure blood vampires. Since their blood were or was purely vampiric, they can only drink vampire blood. Any other blood will be rejected, especially human blood because it takes a heavier toll. Right Teddy?" Kunato explains cutting off Reiji.

"Wait....dies that mean she was sent here to feed on us?" Ayato asks. "Not necessarily. The Despoina and our family was very close. That's the reason why I asked Kunato to look in the study." Reiji explains. "Okay...well...I'm dying over here." I say as I cough up more blood.

"So does this mean we have to share our blood with a disgusting demi?" Ayato asks. "It's fine...I don't want...the blood of a cocky son of a bi—" I cough even more trying to suppress it.

"Well...if we're doing it." Sighed Laito as he quickly cuts his arm and walks over to me. "Now Feisty-Chan dont nite to hard." Was that a joke? Cause either way he heals pretty damn quickly. I lean in and bite down. I feel the warm liquid flow through my mouth. His skin is so cold but the blood is so warm. It's oddly refreshing.

Just as was thinking that, Laito pulls his arm away and smiles. "No more for you. If you keep going I wouldn't have any left." He says nonchalant while leaving the room. Was I drinking that fast? "Here." I look up an see Shu holding out his hand. I slowly lean forward and sink my teeth into his palm. His blood is following so smoothly. It's pretty relaxing.

I continue to drink then I slowly stop. "Thanks." Shu just nods in responds to it and lays down on the little sofa in my room. "I feel better." I look into the mirror. "I look better." "You are better. From the looks of it I say you need atleast a gallon of blood every 5 hours so like twice a day. We'll have shifts." Reiji says leaving the room.

"Not me! I'm going to find Pancake since she's been gone this whole time. Feelin kinda hungry myself." "I also am hungry." Just like that Kunato and Ayato are gone. So that leaves me with....Shu.

_________________________
Sorry for the short update. I've been busy(ish) and life has been happening but I hoped you enjoyed!

I don't know when the next update will be but hopefully soon.

Thanks for sticking around!
And like always:

Vote
Share
Comment