Chapter 10

"Why did you help us then?" Yoongi asked in return. "You don't know any of us either, and yet-"

"Them or me?" I asked, cutting him off.

"What?" Yoongi asked back, confused.

"Would you prefer them to get hurt or me?" I asked again, in a very serious tone, clarifying this time.

Yoongi looked down, though I knew he was thinking. I tend to say things that really get people to think.

"I helped you guys out of reflex. It may have been because of my habit, but now that I think about it, it may have been because I had, without actually realizing it, thought about how bad it would have been for you all." I didn't know how else to explain. "It doesn't matter if I know you or not. I know enough about to know that you are like family, and that it would not be good at all if any of you got hurt. I prefer for me to get hurt-"

"Why would you get hurt for others, even when you don't know them? That can't be out of hab-"

"Maybe it's because I know how it feels to loose someone close to you!" I exclaimed, looking right at Yoongi.

Then it was quiet.

It was quiet enough for me to hear some of them breathe.

I teared up at the memory of what had happened.

And for the first time in a while,

I cried.