Chapter 18

"Well-" Rose began, but...

"Car!" I yelled, grabbing for her arm and quickly taking steps back.

But...

I missed her arm,

Rose stood there, frozen, as the car rushed towards her. 

"Rose!" I yelled.

Too late.

The car skidded towards her, hitting Rose between her knees and her hip on her right leg. There was a crunch, and Rose went flying to the left as the car stopped.

I stood there, frozen, as Rose rolled down the street. She stopped, but in an unnatural position.

I heard a car door open.

I looked over to the car that had hit Rose.

A woman stood there, behind the open driver's door. She seemed shocked, as well as on the verge of tears. She took her eyes off of Rose and looked at me, tears in her eyes now.

"I-I'm so sorry..." She told me.

I only turned away and ran to Rose. When I got to her, I fell to my knees.

"R-Rose?" I called out shakily, tears streaming down my face as I turned her so that her back was to the ground and I placed her head on my lap.

She coughed.

"Rose?" I asked again, hoping she could answer. She looked at me.

"Eclipse...?" Rose asked, unsure. I was relieved. I cupped my hand at her cheek and smiled at her, tears still slowly streaming down.

"I'm here. I'm here, Rose." I replied.

She grabbed my hand, a desperate look in her eyes.