When Did The Diamonds Leave Your Bones?

"Hey Danielle! Are you in there?" Alan says from downstairs, and by the amount of footsteps I hear, he isn't alone.

I sigh and look down at my bracelets, letting the fact that I am going to keep this a secret forever. I cannot tell anyone.

But he already knows.

"Yeah..." I say back. I hear voices talking, and then down to a whisper. I lean back in my chair and close my eyes and tilt my head up to the ceiling. please don't be-

"Hey." My door opens and there stands Austin, a goofy smile on his face and his eyes glinting of somewhat hope. At least I think that's why they are glossy.

"Where's Alan?" I say, not even greeting him. his smile fades into a slumped frown, like he was expecting me to be happy of his presence.

"He is downstairs.. " he says, looking around my room and looking at my now half painted portrait.

"Woah.. I didn't know you painted." he says and steps in, but I give him a warning glance. I sit in silence, looking strait at him in the eyes. I finally look away, and suddenly feely heart skip a beat.

"Well, you don't know other things about me either. let's keep it that way, yeah?" I snap at him in instinct.

I look away and look at my painting, sighing and frowning in the process. The silence starts to come back and the memories creep forward from the shallow shadows that I call my mind.

"Why are you mad?" Austin says in a somewhat soft tone.

I look over at him and that horrible picture comes into mind.. the replay of him in my dream, kissing me like he meant it.

Then the next part comes.. the wrist.. the blood he caused me. I look in space and I feel my eyes start to water.

Not now Danielle. Stay Strong.

"Danielle? Are you okay?" and by that time I burst into tears. Like all of that stress and issues just hit me, without me realising.

I look at him, my vision blurry from the warm tears running down my cheeks. He let's put a sigh, and runs his hands through his hair, and pulls on it.

I bring my knees up to my chest and let everything I kept bottled in all out. I sob, and sob, trying to make myself stop but I can't, I just feel so.. hurt.

I feel a pair of arms gently wrap around me, and a gentle voice telling me that its okay.

"Austin?" I whisper, my voice shaky like its going to break.

"Its Alan, Danielle.. you're fine.."  he says, hugging me. I let go of my legs and hug back.

__________________________________________

Austins POV

"Austin?" She whispers in such a small voice, and it makes my heart break.

Alan looks at me, and gives me a confused look. I shrug back and I put my hands in my pockets.

"Its Alan, Danielle.. you're fine.."  he says, and she hugs him. I watch as she tears down her walls and tries to let Alan in.

"Okay.." she says, her voice sounding like she is a mile away.

___________ LATER ______________________

"Okay, I am going to go get some advil, wanna come with me Austin?" Alan says, digging his keys out of his pocket. He walks over to me and gives me a look.

"is it cool if I just.. chill here?" I say and he nods.

"Okay, I'll be back in a few." Alan says, open the door to his house then shutting it.