Chapter 4

"Oh uh, yeah ok! See you soon. Bye." I said. I quickly hung up the phone and looked at Faunsy.

"She'll be here in 2 minutes!" I yelled. He jumped off the couch and ran to the bathroom. Wren got off the couch and helped me with setting the table. My dad got out a minute later drying off his hair. He wore dress pants and a blue polo shirt. The door bell rang.

Lucy ran to the door barking loudly. I grabbed her collar and pulled her back.

"Lucy no." I said. My dad answered the door. A woman with dark brown hair in her mid to late 40's stood at our door wearing a thick parka. She stepped in hugging my dad.

"Mike, wow I haven't seen you in 15 years!" she exclaimed. Then she looked to Faunsy.

"Oh Fauns give me a hug!" she said. Faunsy came and hugged her. She had a good foot over Faunsy so the hug looked awkward but my dad had a good foot over her.

"Oh and little North. I don't think you remember me. The last time I saw you, you were 3 years old." She said. She was around my height so if I did hug her it wouldn't be very awkward.

"Faunsy? Are these your kids?" She asked looking to Wren and Laney.

"No these are my brothers kids, Wren." Faunsy chuckled. Wren shook Tori's hand. "And this is Laney." Tori shook Laneys hand.

After that we all sat down at dinner. Apparently Tori owns a restaurant called 'especially for you'. It's very high end so I was surprised when she asked me if I'd like to work for her. She said the meal was simple but so tasteful because of the seasonings I used. I was quite flattered but I did give credit to my sue chefs.

"So North, what college do you plan on going to?" Tori asked me as I cleared the dishes.

"Well I actually was applying to get into university." I said.

"Really, that's great." Tori smiled.

"Yeah, her S.A.T scores were 1590" my dad said proudly. I blushed. Wren glared at me. After clearing up I pulled Wren to the side.

"What was that glare for?" I asked.

"You're such a nerd." he said rolling his eyes.

"Wren? What were yours?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Does it matter." he said agitatedly.

"Okay well shit. If your gonna be all mad." I said turning around. Wren grabbed my arm and turned me.

"Fine, whatever. It was 1440." he shrugged.

"Oh, well... that's good." I tried to say.

"I'm not as smart as you, I know." he sighed.

"Wren, I don't care if your smart or dumb or ugly or handsome. But your rude and sexist and if you were wondering why I don't like you, then that's exactly why." I said then I went over to the couch.

The rest of the night was awkward. Wren stayed silent, Laney was smiling, Uncle Faunsy was flirting.

I think it was around 11 when Tori left but she gave me her card.

That night I had gone over the possibilities in my head. I guess working at a high end restaurant would look better on my application then a bait shop. But if I didn't take the job I'd get to stay with Wendy and do a job that is easy and simple and sometimes enjoyable. Then again I could get paid more at the restaurant.

I stayed up late at night trying to think about the job but I came to the conclusion that Id stay where I am.

-