PART TWO Off To Greenland Chapter 16

My dad dropped me off at the airport, Thursday morning. I brought the note from my mom with me.

"Dad I'm going to miss you." I told him. I was a bit teary eyed.

"I'm going to miss you too, North." he said. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly.

"Oh yeah, North before you go.." my dad dug through his pocket. He slid out a Polaroid picture. "Faunsy told me to give this to you. I know you said you wanted to clear your mind and all but I couldn't stand to not give this to you, so..." my dad handed it to me.

-

All morning Ben explained the two bedroom place he has in Greenland. He says he's out about 90% of the time and when he is there he is only sleeping so I'd be alone most of the time. Paq stayed with us too until the plane became ready for boarding. I'd be back in 5 weeks. Paq already volunteered to pick me up at the airport too. Tori told me I'd have a trial month and if I liked it then I'd start permanently after spring break.

As we boarded the plane I couldn't help but mesmerize the photo. It was a picture of Wren and I on the couch. That one time we kind of got along. Wren looked like he was giggling and blushing and I was looking down at him smiling. I rubbed my thumb over it.

"Who's that?" Ben asked as he sat next to me.

"A friend of mine. A very special friend of mine." I said.

I put my earbuds in my ears. Memories of Wren began to pour out faster then the music.

When I first met Wren, our first fight, out first make up, our first time alone together, the first time I felt feelings for him, the first time I really got to know him. They came by so smoothly along like a slideshow of my life with Wren. I brushed any feelings of neglect for Wren. He loves me. I shed a tear when the song ends and champagne is offered around the plane and I say two please.