Chapter 13

Wendy came back the next morning like promised. My dad had to go do another shift but he'd be by around 2.

"Pick up 2." I told Wendy as i put down the two of hearts.

"Pick up 6." she smiled back putting down two 2's. I did.

"So what are you up to today?" i asked her.

"Scoot and I are going to go catch a movie." she said.

"Great, how is he?" I put down a 7 of spades.

"He's good, just a little upset. His older brother moved out recently." She shrugged.

"Oh that sucks." i said.

"Yeah, so what about you and Connor? How are things?" Wendy asked, it was strange that she didn't ask about Wren.

"Ah, well I guess I kind of blew him off yesterday." I said putting down two fives.

"Damn you." Wendy grunted as she picked up another card.

A pretty blonde nurse came in along with a tan male nurse who looks like he singer from MAGIC!.

The lady, Nurse Helena, Put out a tray to the stand that the male nurse was making. He pulled the left leg and pow! The table snapped in place. The nurse put the tray on the table.

"Here is lunch!" she winked as she and the male nurse left the room. I glanced at the tray. To be honest i wasn't that hungry but I still ate what looked like jello and what had i been told to be 'oatmeal'. More like Goat Meal. It tasted like sweaty butt, not that I know what that taste like. But I assume.

"So why'd you blow him off?" Wendy asked as if there was no other guy in my life and she'd known Connor for years and wants us to be together.

"Because you know, Wren. I mean from what I know about Connor he is really sweet but he drinks and his job isn't an ideal money maker. But Wren, he can be such an ass but also the sexiest cherish-able person on earth. I want to find true love and not settle for less and I've found that in him." I explained.

"You love Wren?" she asked. She tilted her head a bit to the left.

"I think I do. He makes my heart beat to the sound of our love. He makes my stomach flutter and my eyes sparkle. He's found a bright light in me that I haven't been able to find before." I sighed.

"Wow, you've described all the feelings I felt for Scoot that I could never put into words." She said. The word 'felt' caught me a little off guard because the word is past tense.

Wendy checked her phone.

"Well, my moms here.. I'll see you tonight." Wendy said. I handed her the cards.

"Ok, see you soon." I said. I really did enjoy company.

I picked at my jello which was oddly not jiggling. Then there was a knock on my door.

"Hey," my dad said walking in. "So I finally got to that Poem by Edgar Allen Poe."

"The Raven?" I asked.

"Yes, The Raven. So anyways I was about half way through this long poem when someone actually knocked at my 'chamber door' and when I opened it no one was there so when I continued reading it it had said when I opened the door no one was there. Now if you don't think that's a coincidence or a sign then your crazy." he said.

"I think you're the crazy one dad." I laughed.

"North I actually came in here to tell you some bad news." he said in all seriousness. The mood of the room shifted.