Chapter 19

I woke up around 8. My head hurt a bit because I was still tired. A bit of jet lag I guess. In Alaska its 4 in the morning. I put on a flannel and tights and grey knee socks. Laney was right outside the door when I opened it. She rushed in the room and grabbed her 'device charger' and rushed back out. I went downstairs where Wrens mom, was in robe and bunny slippers, made eggs.
"Good morning North! Oh North! I love that name!" She said gleefully.
I sat at the kitchen table.
"Mitchell is working and Wren is out so I was thinking me you and Laney could have a girls day?" Wrens mom said gleefully.
"Oh yeah sounds nice." I said. I could have the chance to get to know Wrens mom which is good. If I like her it may influence me to stay.
Us three girls ate at the table. Laney acted very different. She wasn't grumpy nor annoyed. She was calm and open to share. Changing states can really fix a person.
We first went to Time Warner Center. It's a very expensive mall even for me. I usually never shop at expensive stores. I rather be normal. But for today's sake I had to keep up with Wrens mom. 100 there another 300 here. I think I spent about a thousand dollars before I asked if we could sit down and get a bite to eat. Luckily food was under 30 dollars.
"So North, Wren tells me you live with your dad, right?" Noelle asked. She sipped her water in sake of her lipstick.
"Yes, just me and my daddio!" I teased.
"I wish Wren and his father were close." Noelle sighed. Laney nodded.
"When Mitchell's parents got divorced, Alfonso(Faunsy) stayed in Alaska with his dad and Mitchell came to New York with his mom. Sometimes I wonder if Mitchell would've moved back and left behind his work he and Wren would be closer." she sighed.
"Mrs.Hollingsworth," I started but she shook her head. "-Right Noelle, with all do respect climate has nothing to do with relationships. What made me and my dad close is that when my mom died we only had each other to rely on. We love each other. We take time out of our day to ask how each other are feeling. We care about each other." I said. My heart ached as I spoke those words. How could I ever leave my dad now? What about that bond? I'd be a hypocrite to leave him now.
"I see. I guess Wren and Mitchell don't spend enough time together." Noelle nodded.
We finished shopping after that. But something unexpected happened in the car ride home.
Noelle looked at my sincerely and said, "Out of all the girls in the world that Wren could've chose, I'm so glad he chose you."