Chapter 18

We were walking down the streets of New York.

"I bought a house. Just a little outside of the city. It's small and quaint and perfect for two." He said.

"Is that why all your model friends are here, to help you pack?" I asked

"Yeah." he nodded. We strolled past Wall Street and out a couple side streets until the massive crowds of people and the lights all seemed to fade.

"New York is beautiful. Alaska is so plain and cold..." i shrugged. For a moment I remember Connor. I lead him on then left him like he was nothing. I shiver went up my spine. Wren put his arm around me and the thought melted at his touch.

"This house for two over looks large lands. Where kids can play, teens can hang out and the elderly can stroll. Its really calming over there. I guess I need that." he nodded.

"Wren do you still love me?" i asked him.

He stopped and looked down at me.

"North if I didn't love you i would've just brushed you off in the lobby! For heaven sakes I bought a house... for two..." he said dramatically as if he were in a play. I blushed.

"North, I want you to live with me." he said.

"What? And just leave my family behind. I have a life back in Alaska, Wren. I can't just abandon it." i said quietly.

"One of us was bound to make the ultimate sacrifice for us to be together. Maybe it's just going to have to be you." he shrugged.

Pros of staying with Wren:

I get to be with Wren

Better weather

Better economy

More jobs

Nice area

So many colors

New opportunities

Starting a new life

Go to college here

Become a New Yorker

Learn new things

I get to be with Wren...

Cons:

Saying bye to family

Leaving dad

Leaving Wendy

Leaving Connor

Leaving Lucy

Leaving Faunsy

Missing loved ones

Missing my old home

Fear of leaving my dad

Saying bye to what was my entire child hood.

It's mostly just abandoning people who helped shape my life. I have to get over that one thing to start a billion others.

As we neared the house Wren got all giddy and excited.

He pulled out the key and unlocked the door. There was a large kitchen and a bathroom at the end of the hall. In the back there is a large living space area where we could put couches and a TV. The walls were all white but I'd change that. The walls were empty and could use some garage sale paintings.

The stairs where carpeted like most are for when having young children around the house.

The first room is small and has one small window at the end.

The second room is bigger and is painted black. It has a small walk in closet and a window along the back wall. After that is a regular sized room with a bathroom in it. All the walls are white.

Last but not least is the master bedroom. It could probably fit about 50 people in it. The walls are a butter scotch color and the ceiling has a gold chandelier. The bathroom walls are a champagne color and has a marble counter. The walk in closet is large. It has shoe racks and clothes drawers, it has two hanger poles on either side and parallel to the door is a long mirror.

I skipped around the house. I could imagine living in here. Going to college in town and coming back home and cooking dinner for me and Wren and we'd get jobs and fall in love all over again. Suddenly saying goodbye didn't seem to hard anymore.

That night I slept in Laneys room. Which is the furthest room from Wrens. The sleeping arrangement were made by Wrens father of course.
I couldn't help but stay up thinking about the biggest decision of my life. My mom was so unclear in that note. I found love, I want to chase it but I have to look out for my dad. I guess the only question was if I should take a risk or not?