Cold but Warm Hearted

Yoshiro had me in his arms for a long while now, and I was a bit worried but this was actually fun. I didn't get to really see who it was that was chasing us, but I guess it wasn't important at the moment. But he ran for a pretty long time, sort of a thrill. But I saw how dark it was and I knew I would have to be home pretty soon or Uncle would begin to worry. I would lose my privilege to go outside without someone with me to watch over me constantly.

So I hopped out of his arms when he stopped running. Once again I felt strange in my chest, the air seemed thick for a moment. But Yoshiro took my mind off it when I heard him gasping for air.

"Sorry for all the trouble I caused you. Making you come all the way here." Yoshiro said after catching his breathe. I was fine with this, I wasn't very bitter about this type of stuff. I patted his back smiling, well I guess that confused him. I took his hand to get him to sit on a bench, he's very warm. I made him shiver a bit, I haven't wore a jacket all day. "Your not cold?" He asked rubbing his arms and hands to stay warm. I nodded no as the cold wind brushed passed my hair, making feel comfortable.

I loved the cold I must say, and I could say it in my head till I can't anymore. But I guess normal people don't like the cold. So I had us go to a warm place, well it was better then outside for him. I looked at the moon and sighed, my birthday was coming up. I'll be older and things will change for me, as a dragon I will mature completely and will be able to be free. But as a human it really means nothing. I guess I should be thankful, after tomorrow, I will be free with Grandpa.

I could feel the wind calling for me to fly out to feel the sweet frostbite, and the cool clouds. But Yoshiro was beside me. I had to leave, so I bowed my head and headed into a dark place only to fly away. I felt weird again..... A throbbing in my chest as I flew up into the clouds.

It was like when I left the hospital, just the same, now stronger. My lungs left like solid sock, I was struggling to breath as I flew into a storm. Snow and ice came pouring onto my scales. I couldn't think straight, my mind so blank. Never had I felt this way, the pain and sadness I suddenly felt. I began to understand.....

 I could tell I wasn't................... the one in the most trouble.

A connection by two people were shared the day I hatched and was born. And forever I was to protect that person as they protected me. My instincts of the dangerous for that person will be on the dot. I will never be able to not know..... Right?

I was flying to the hospital, I had to be sure. I wanted to sit there with Grandpa and he tells me that everything will be okay. I want nothing in this world, but GRANDPA!!

I roar at the top of my lungs, as I tried my hardest to fly to him, as ice and snow hit my skin making me go faster. I see Uncle and the family in his room so I crashed in was my heart skipped a beat. Everyone looked at me as my wings open to show my half dragon side, half human side.

"Grandpa?" I said to uncle seeing Grandpa missing from him bed. The room was spotless, no sight of even medical papers. I was shaking, I felt...... cold. Not because of the cold air..

But in this freezing cold body is a warm heart, that burns with fire. And now my fear makes it cold..... it hurts. I'm scared. "Grandpa!" I shouted.

Uncle put his hand on my shoulder,  "I'm so sorry Angel. I really am!" He said as a tear came sliding down his cheek. "G-Grandpa?" I asked, please tell me he's fine.... at least with his heart beating... something!!

I saw Grandpa in a different bed being rolled away. Why wasn't he coming in here? I need to see him, speak with him. I have so much more to say, I need his guidance and his comfort. I wanna see him smile! Grandpa come back!

"I'm sorry Angel, his tempered dropped out of nowhere. He's not with us anymore." Uncle said. My eyes widen, I was not able to comprehend. Uncle tried hugged me but I roared at him, sadness turned to rage. Ever since Uncle has taken me from home, I have been nothing but sad.

Fear, is only in the mind..... But my mind was blank, as Uncle backs everyone away. The pain in my chest cleared, and I couldn't feel my connect with Grandpa. But I still felt warm. "Come on let's all go home..... as a family." Uncle said putting his hand out.

I roared at him loudly, as everyone backed away. Humans from outside the room could hear me. I don't have a family..... Not anymore. I flew away with tears in my eyes. But I couldn't go far, I turned into a whole dragon and went into the water at the edge of the city. I sink sadly, as the water was becoming as cold as I was from me being inside it.

As I sunk down I felt my heart become cold, sadness....... Something worst then the cold. I could sit in the water, I am a dragon after all. But I needed Grandpa, I need someone...

"Hush my child." A familiar voice spoke. I turned around, only the sight of water and the surface. "Listen my child." It said again, as I turned. I know that voice anywhere, Grandpa...

"As I am long gone, you will always have me in your heart. Please be safe, and go to your home. A place where you belong." He whispered and the voice faded away. My chest felt warm again and much more.

At least I heard his voice for the last time. Rest in peace my Grandfather.....